Home > TV Antennas & Supplies > TV Antennas > DX Antenna DTA-500
The latest innovation in terrestrial TV antennas, the smart antenna when used with a compatible converter box, automatically adjusts the gain and directionality of the antenna to meet the reception needs of that particular channel.
- The antenna direction can be adjusted for optimal reception according to the received channel and in synchronization with an ATSC Receiver
- Includes hardware for mounting to a mast and smart antenna control unit
- The antenna mast is not included
- With the built-in low noise amplfier and automitical gain controller, the antenna can be used in locations where weak airwaves are received as well as locations where strong airwaves are received.
- This antenna can only be used with an ATSC Receiver that has a smart antenna feature that conforms to the EIA/CEA-909 standard interface
- Mast shownDirectivity is 360 degrees, and the direction can be automitically selected from 16 phases in the scale. Airwaves from any direction can be received
- This antenna system does not include a DIGITAL (ATSC) Receiver.
- Estimated Mileage is 20-30 miles
- Smart Antennas work best if used with only one TV/Converter box at a time
- Smart TV Antenna Unit
- Antenna Control Box (DPI-10)
- Pole Mount Bracket
- Weather Boot
- TV Antenna Control Cable
- Band Zone:
- VHF Lo: 54 - 88 MHz
- VHF Hi: 174 - 216 MHz
- UHF: 470 - 806 MHz
- Average Gain:
- VHF Lo Gain: 5 - 20 dB
- VHF Hi Gain: 10 - 20 dB
- UHF Gain: 15 - 25 dB
- 360 Degree Directivity: 16 Directions (automatic)
- Impedance: 75 Ohm, F Connector
- Horizontal Polarization
- Power Consumption: 12 VDC, 150 mA (max)
- Dimensions: 4.5" High x 28.9" Width
- Frequency: 54 - 806 MHz
- Antenna Control Jack: Modular Antenna Control Connector
Smart Antennas are directional antennas that are "smart" because they automatically rotate to the proper direction depending on the location of the channel you’re watching. The smart antenna works best if used with only one TV and converter box at a time, because the “smart” technology is designed to capture the best signal for the TV that is plugged into the smart antenna port (EIA/CEA-909 interface).
Technically you CAN attach more than one TV to the smart antenna. But, if you use a splitter to attach a second TV and Converter box, your smart antenna will only adjust itself to accommodate the first TV. So you may experience sub-par reception on your second TV when viewing stations from a different direction than the first TV.
TV Antenna Help
Need help choosing a new TV or HDTV Antenna? We are here to help!
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for DX Antenna Smart Antenna Outdoor UHF VHF HDTV Automatic TV Antenna (DTA-5000)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!