Solid Signal > Automotive & Marine > Marine Satellite Dishes
Enjoy Global Coverage with KVH TracPhone® V3-IP Paired with Iridium Pilot® For satellite Internet and phone anywhere in the world, the reliable and economical solution is the KVH TracPhone V3-IP paired with the Iridium Pilot. The 39 cm (15.5 inch) diameter TracPhone V3-IP is the world’s smallest maritime VSAT, designed exclusively for the world’s No. 1 maritime VSAT service – mini-VSAT Broadband. Advanced ArcLight® spread spectrum technology enables the V3-IP’s extremely compact design, while still providing outstanding performance — fast download speeds (up to 2 Mbps), reliable Internet and e-mail, and optimized voice communications. Now, with KVH’s new System Bundle, TracPhone V3-IP is paired with an Iridium Pilot for pole-to-pole coverage, meaning boat owners, guests, and crew can stay in touch with friends, family, and the office from every cruising area in the world.
- TracPhone V3-IP and mini-VSAT Broadband service is always chosen first
- Iridium Pilot – compact, fully global system with pole-to-pole coverage
- Iridium Pilot data speeds – up to 134 Kbps down and up using Iridium OpenPort broadband service
- Rugged, high-performance TracPhone V3-IP design with superior tracking and stabilization
- Preconfigured ICM ensures seamless integration between mini-VSAT Broadband service and Iridium OpenPort service
- If the service becomes unavailable for any reason, onboard LAN and Wi-Fi networks switch to Iridium OpenPort broadband services
- The system automatically switches back to mini-VSAT Broadband airtime service as soon as it is available
- Both the mini-VSAT Broadband and Iridium OpenPort airtime services are billed through KVH for the customer’s convenience
- Supports upcoming IP-MobileCast content delivery service, providing multicast delivery of news, movies, and entertainment content directly to the ship over the top of its broadband connection
- Reliable, pole-to-pole coverage: TracPhone V3-IP paired with Iridium Pilot
- TracPhone V3-IP – world’s smallest maritime VSAT system, designed exclusively for the No. 1 maritime VSAT service, mini-VSAT Broadband
- Breakthrough new belowdecks unit – Integrated CommBox Modem (ICM) includes IP-enabled antenna control unit, built-in CommBox Network Manager, and ArcLight spread spectrum modem with VoIP adapter, Ethernet switch, and Wi-Fi capabilities
- TracPhone V3-IP data speeds – up to 2 Mbps down, 128 Kbps up using mini-VSAT Broadband service
World’s Smallest Maritime VSAT Antenna
The TracPhone V3-IP is a breakthrough maritime satellite
communications product designed for the broadband era and its requirements for
onboard networking. Developed by KVH specifically for the industry-leading
mini-VSAT Broadband network, TracPhone V3-IP uses a 37 cm (14.5 inch) diameter
antenna dish, in a 39 cm (15.5 inch) diameter antenna unit.
KVH’s mini-VSAT Broadband network takes a revolutionary
approach to maritime satellite communications to maximize data and voice
throughput while preventing interference to adjacent satellites. The network
is based on ViaSat’s ArcLight Code Reuse Multiple Access (CRMA) spread
spectrum technology, which significantly reduces contention issues,
transmission delays, and offers more consistent speeds and shorter ping times
resulting in faster web page loads compared to traditional Time Division
Multiple Access (TDMA) technology relied upon by other VSAT networks.
Integrated CommBox Modem (ICM)
TracPhone V3-IP’s breakthrough streamlined belowdecks unit
includes an IP-enabled antenna control unit, built-in CommBox Network Manager,
and ArcLight spread spectrum modem with VoIP adapter, Ethernet switch, and
Wi-Fi capabilities for faster, trouble-free installations and user experience.
End-to-end SATCOM Solution
The mini-VSAT Broadband service and the KVH TracPhone V3-IP
antenna are the only end-to-end maritime satellite communications solution
from a single provider: KVH manufactures the TracPhone V-series antenna
hardware, operates the mini-VSAT Broadband network, manages the airtime, and
provides 24/7/365 after-sale support. The benefit: greater reliability,
flexibility, quality, and overall ease of use for the customer.
The following satellite footprint information is intended as a general
reference only. The satellite maps do not guarantee coverage and may change
without notice. Also be aware that various conditions may cause signal quality
to degrade along fringe coverage areas.
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for KVH TracPhone V3-IP/Iridium Pilot System Bundle (01-0357-01)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!