Solid Signal > Computer and Networking Equipment > Wired Routers > Tech Choice 12286
This Powerline Converter system by Tech Choice uses the existing electrical wiring in your home or apartment to transmit network traffic. As long as you have a power outlet in a room, you can have network connectivity! Each kit comes with a single powerline adapter. Each adapter features a standard US NEMA 1-15 non-polarized blade plug, which serves the dual function of providing power and carrying the network data. Each adapter also features a 10/100/1000Mbps auto-MDIX Gigabit Ethernet port and a Reset/Pairing button.
- Compliant with the HomePlugAV, HomePlug 1.0, TCP/IP, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, and IEEE P1901 standards
- Plug and Play - no drivers required
- Uses existing power wiring to transmit network data traffic
- Up to 500Mbps wired data throughput
- Can connect to Powerline adapters up to 300 meters distant
- Web based utility to manage PLC features and settings
- Quality of Service (QoS) feature prioritizes Internet traffic
- Compatible with all other manufacturers' HomePlugAV-compliant devices
- Supports advanced 128-bit AES encryption to ensure data security
- Intelligent channel adaptation
- Pair button quickly establishes a secure and private Powerline network with other
- Powerline devices
Installation is as simple as plugging two or more adapters into wall
outlets and pressing the pairing buttons to establish a connection
between them. By default the system creates a public, unprotected
network. However, by using the included setup utility you can easily
create a private, protected network. Up to 9 total Powerline adapters
can be used within a single network and multiple networks can operate on
the same electric circuit, giving a level of flexibility and control
not found in most ordinary Ethernet configurations.
These Powerline adapters fully conform to the HomeplugAV standard,
which means that Monoprice adapters can be used in the same network as
HomeplugAV compliant adapters from other manufacturers. The adapters are
able to transmit network traffic to distances up to 300 meters, however
for best results it is recommended to ensure the total network length
does not exceed 100 meters (328 feet).
Each Powerline adapter measures about 2.8" x 2.0" x 1.1". LEDs on the
face of each converter indicate power and network connectivity status.
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Tech Choice 12286 HD Stream 500Mbps Powerline Ethernet Adapter (12286)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!