Wilson Yagi Cellular Antennas are very effective in increasing your cell phones signal strength in rural areas. The Yagi is a directional antenna and should be mounted above tree lines and aimed directly at your service providers nearest cell tower.
- It is a single band (1850-1990 MHz) cellular antenna designed for fixed installations.
- The Wilson Yagi Cellular Antennas main benefit over our other antennas is its ability to focus its signal in one direction.
- This antenna is designed for use on stationary objects such as buildings. If this antenna is not aimed correctly it will loose its effectiveness.
- N-Female Connector
- Mounting hardware included
- For a compatible mount and pole for this antenna click here
- Includes a Two-year Manufacturer Warranty from Date of Purchase
the main center beam of the Yagi in the general direction of the cell tower.
Make sure the radials are pointing up and down. Connect the antenna to a cell
phone in TEST MODE. Pan the Yagi left and right in 10 degree increments until
you get the best signal strength reading from the phone. In most cases, you
want a signal as strong as you can get.
Signal strength is
measured in negative decibels so a signal strength of -85 is stronger than -99.
When you are panning the antenna, be sure to let go of the antenna or it may
give inaccurate readings. Lock the antenna down at the position where you get
the best signal strength.
When you hold or touch a Yagi or
any antenna with exposed metal surfaces, your body alters and distorts the
signal and changes the antennas performance. With a Yagi, Wilson recommends
that you temporarily mount the antenna while tuning. It is important that you
let go of the antenna when you are taking a signal strength reading or the
reading will be inaccurate.
Yagi does not need to be grounded. However, we recommend a Lightning Surge
Protector in all building installations. The Lightning Surge Protector will
ground the antenna and prevent an electrical surge from damaging your
- Built-in ground plane
- Pole mounting
hardware included (does not include pole)
- For fixed installations
Range: 1800-1990 MHz
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Antenna Gain:
- Max. Power: 25 Watts
- Polarization: Vertical or
- Connecter: N-Female
- Material: Aluminum
- Length: 16.8 inches
- Mounting: Mounts on Pipe Max OD 2