Home > Commercial Equipment > Switchers > Alcatel-Lucent 6450-24
The Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 6450 Stackable Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet LAN value switch family offers versatile, 24/48-port fixed configuration switches with optional upgrade paths for 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) stacking, 10 GigE uplinks and metro Ethernet services. Promoting a design optimized for flexibility, scalability, and low power consumption, the OmniSwitch 6450 is an outstanding edge solution. It uses the field-proven Alcatel-Lucent Operating System (AOS) to deliver highly available, secure, self-protective, easily managed and eco-friendly networks.
- 24-port and 48-port, Power over Ethernet (PoE), non-PoE, and 24-port fiber models with two fixed small form factor pluggable (SFP+) 10-G-ready interfaces
- Scalability from 24 to 384 Fast Ethernet and gigabit ports with 16 10 GigE ports
- Optional SFP+ stacking module
- Optional 10 GigE uplink license option
- Optional metro services feature license for service provider deployments
- Support for IEEE 802.3af as well as IEEE 802.3at-compliant PoE
- Support for Precision Timing Protocol (PTP) through IEEE 1588v2 ("S" models only)
- Internal AC or DC -redundant power supplies
Promoting a design optimized for flexibility, scalability, and low power consumption, the OmniSwitch 6450 is an outstanding edge solution. It uses the field-proven Alcatel-Lucent Operating System (AOS) to deliver highly available, secure, self-protective, easily managed and eco-friendly networks.
OmniSwitch 6450-10: Benefits
- Small form factor and fan less design (zero noise output) make the OmniSwitch 6450-10 models ideal for workgroup, library and classroom environments
- Start with the fast ethernet models (10L/P10L) and later migrate to gigabit user port speeds with license upgrade
- The –P10 PoE model offers 120W of PoE power and are 802.3at compliant.
- The –P10S offers 280W of PoE power, is 802.3at and 4 pair PoE compliant with Power over HDBaseT
- Create advanced managed services CPE when adding the Metro license option
- The low power consumption reduces operating expenses and cooling costs, lowering OPEX and resulting in faster return on investment (ROI)
- Leads the industry in price/feature-performance ratio and offers customers a cost-efficient advanced layer 2+ network technology solution either in fast ethernet or gigabit ethernet options
- Provides outstanding features and performance for supporting scalable, real-time voice, data and video applications for converged networks
- Allows existing AOS customers/users immediate familiarity with the product from day one, reducing their total cost of ownership (TCO) and training costs. New users may choose the method of switch access most beneficial to their needs
- Limited lifetime hardware warranty eliminates service program costs and ongoing service renewals, lowering TCO and allowing customers to reach ROI targets more quickly
Here are available downloads related to this product:
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Alcatel-Lucent Gigabit Ethernet LAN Omniswitch (6450-24)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!