Solid Signal > Wire and Cable > HDMI Cables > Tech Choice 9170
A High Speed HDMI Cable with RedMere from Tech Choice is the best way to transmit your High Speed HDMI signals over the longest distances, while using the thinnest cables possible!
- 1080p Resolution - This High Speed HDMI Cable has sufficient bandwidth to transfer 1080p video signals between 1080p rated source and sink (display) devices.
- HDMI Ethernet Channel - The HDMI Ethernet Channel provides 100 Mbps, full-duplex Ethernet traffic along the HDMI cable, allowing a wired or wireless Ethernet connection on one device to be propagated to other devices. Note that for this feature to be functional, all pieces of equipment between the Ethernet source and the destination must support the HDMI Ethernet Channel feature.
- Audio Return Channel - Normally, your HDMI cable carries audio information along with the video from a source device (e.g. blu-ray player) to the sink device (display/television). Often times this goes through an AV receiver to drive a home theater audio system. The Audio Return Channel is primarily used to send the audio signal generated by the television when its internal tuner is used, back to the AV receiver, so that you can use your home theater audio system when watching television signals.
- 4K - The 4K resolution is 3840 x 2160 pixels @ 24 Hz, which is four times that of a 1080p display and the same resolution used by state-of-the-art Digital Cinema systems. A High Speed HDMI Cable is capable of handling the high bandwidth required for 4K support.
- Deep Color - The Deep Color feature provides a minimum of 8-bits per color element (24-bits total), providing for a total of over 16 million color variations. Other versions of Deep Color allow for up to 16-bits per element, for a total of 48-bits and over 281 trillion color variations, which really makes your video images come to life!
- x.v.Color™ - x.v.Color is a promotion name given to the products that have the capability to realize a wide color space based on the xvYCC specifications and is a trademark of Sony Corporation. Currently, only AVCHD and Playstation™ 3 devices support x.v.Color.
- High Definition Audio - HDMI supports a full range of high definition audio types, including SA-CD, DVD-Audio, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and Dolby TrueHD™.
High Speed HDMI Cables with RedMere can reliably distribute High Speed signals to much greater distances, up to 65 feet (20 meters) at the full 10.2 Gbps data throughput, as opposed to the 25 foot distance for HDMI cables without RedMere technology. This can be done with thinner and lighter cables, which are easier to handle and route through your home theater system and which put less stress on your equipments HDMI ports. Normally a cable of this length would be incapable of supporting the full 10.2 Gbps High Speed HDMI data rate, even with 22 AWG conductors. However, with the RedMere chip installed in this cable, it fully supports all High Speed HDMI features with only 28 AWG conductors.
Note that HDMI Cables with RedMere are directional. One end must be
connected to the source device (e.g., Blu-ray™ player) and the other end
to the sink/display (e.g., HDTV). Hooking them up backwards will not
damage anything, they just wont transmit a signal.
The CL2 rating on this cable indicates that its outer jacket has been
designed to burn more slowly, thereby making it safe for use inside or
through the walls of residential classed buildings. The CL2 rating
ensures that your cable installation complies with fire safety codes and
TIP: It is a good idea to test cables and connections
before installing them inside a wall. If there are any issues or
problems, we can help you resolve them before you spend the time,
effort, and expense of installing them inside the walls.
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Tech Choice 30ft Select Active Series CL2 High Speed HDMI Cable w/ RedMere Technology (9170)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!