On-screen Caller ID
Up to 2-day Picture-In-Guide with optional widescreen Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
Software upgradeable via satellite
DISH Comm™ compatible
DISH Pro Plus compatible
(2) Remote controls
This model does NOT come with an off-air tuner. Upgrade Module for OTA can be Found Here
We Do Not Ship to Canada
DISH Network Sells us receivers at their own discretion whether it is a new or refurbished model. We have no control over this. Please assume you are getting a refurbished model, though many times the receivers are new.
Two HD/SD satellite tuners
We recommend a Dish 1000 to get the most HD
Two independent TVs supported
TV1 HDTV or SDTV; TV2 SDTV
HDTV digital audio/video output
USB 2.0 port
DISH Home Interactive TV
The ViP222 takes high definition technology to the next level!
Unprecedented details! Notice even the smallest details with the ViP222 high definition receiver and its two built-in tuners that let you enjoy vivid picture depth and dramatic color on two independent televisions.
Yet, another example of DISH Network setting the standard for better TV.
- Dimensions (approx.): 3.5”H x 16”W x 13”D
- Weight (approx.): 11 lbs.
- Color: Silver
- DISH Player-
- Warranty: Standard 1-Year Parts & Labor from DISH Network
FRONT PANEL FEATURES
- Ten buttons behind right-side door: Cursor Up, Down, Left, Right and SELECT navigation buttons, Power, System Info, Info, Menu, and Mode
- Indicator lights: Green light indicates “TV1” is powered on, Blue light indicates “TV2” is powered on, Amber “MODE” LED indicates if the box is in “Single Mode” or “Dual Mode”
- Left-side door for smart card receptacle (currently unused)
- IR blast and receive
One universal infrared (IR) 4- component remote control. Controls “TV1” (main TV location). Note: TV1 can be programmed to use a UHF Pro remote control.
One universal UHF Pro configurable 4-component dual frequency remote control. Controls “TV2” (second TV location). The configurable key is only used for remote replacement.
Controls the satellite receiver through walls and other obstructions (UHF Pro operating range of up to 200 feet unobstructed).
One of two UHF Pro frequencies can be selected to avoid conflicts with other remotes in the vicinity.
Universal 4-component remote control common features
Can be programmed to operate (via IR) up to three additional components such as TVs, VCRs and DVD players.
AUX mode can be programmed to operate a second DISH Network satellite receiver via IR or UHF (not UHF Pro).
DVR buttons: used for a connected VCR or DVD player.
Picture-In-Picture (PIP) functions to display, move or swap the PIP image in single Mode.
Dedicated “TV Power” button.
“Recover” button toggles through TV and VCR inputs to help user return to satellite programming when they accidentally change channels on their TV or VCR.
Color iTV buttons
|REAR PANEL FEATURES
- 2 satellite tuner inputs
- 1 UHF Pro remote control antenna input for included antenna
- 1 ATSC antenna input for off-air digital/HD broadcasts
- 1 telephone jack
- 1 Agile modulated output (TV1/TV2)
- 3-prong power cord
- 1 USB 2.0 port
- 1 Ethernet port
- 1 HDTV digital audio/video
- TV connections
- 1 HDTV digital audio/video output for HDMI-equipped TVs
- 1 set of HD Component (Y Pr Pb) video outputs
- 1 set RCA-type audio/video outputs
- 1 S-Video output
- 1 Channel 3/4 modulated output
- 1 optical digital output for Dolby® Digital and PCM digital audio
The Agile modulated output, in the past, has provided signal to one or more distant TVs for TV2 program viewing. While this continues to be true, the new shared Agile modulated output provides the ability for TV2 viewers to also tune to a specified television channel to watch TV1’s programming in Dual Mode (in Single Mode, everyone watches the same programming anyway). See “Quick Facts: Shared Agile Output” for more information and special considerations.
Unprecedented details! Notice even the smallest details with the ViP222K MPEG4 Dual high definition receiver and its two built-in tuners that let you enjoy vivid picture depth and dramatic color on two independent televisions.
Product Review Summary
Product Reviews for DISH Network MPEG4 Dual Output HDTV Satellite Receiver/Tuner(VIP222K)
Own one? Write a Review!
Average Rating (3 Reviews):
Latest Positive Rating:
Great receiver and easy to install.
All Customer Reviews
Ok by me
- Rockford, rd Illin - 3/28/2013
It was exactly as advertised. Never been opened or used.
Excellent Receiver! It was a Refurb but if it wasn't on the sticker, I wouldn't have known.
- Colorado Springs, CO - 8/26/2014
Came packaged like new, looked like new and worked perfect out of the box. Everything was a snap to install and color coded cables made it even easier to get both Tv's going as soon as they powered up. Easy walk through tv setup menus. A d raisin pie for Dish network because I no longer have to have a contract with them. If you don't own your own box, your paying too much for cable!
Great receiver and easy to install.
- Live Free or Die, NH - 9/15/2014
Great receiver and easy to install. Thanks for the fast shipping.