Home > Installation Tools > Signal Meters > DIRECTV AIM
DIRECTV's Advanced Installation Meter (AIM) works with every LNB, from oldest to newest. It also has many new features to make installation easier and quicker. It’s the only meter with the full range of functions for proper DIRECTV installation of SWM-enabled dishes, including the new Reverse Band dishes required for 4K. Building upon the success of version 1.0, the AIM 1.5 meter now includes many design changes based upon feedback from satellite installers.
Easily accessible and removable battery for simple maintenance
Ergonomic rubber grip for confident handling
Includes: Carrying case, 100 to 240 VAC Power Adapter, 12 VAC vehicle power adapter, battery pack, F-connector, shoulder strap, 25 cable test load, 512 MB USB flash drive, user manual
Easy on-screen step-by-step instructions guide technician through installation, Extended Installation Verification (EIV) and troubleshooting
Works with the latest DIRECTV dishes including 4K Reverse Band dishes and Generation 2 SWM dishes
- Measure cable resistance, in-line current, voltage, 22 kHz tone and DiSEqC essages
- Easy to read display and keypad
- Tune to ANY DIRECTV transponder - National and local spot beams
- Powers ALL LNBS including SL3 SWM and SL5 SWM
- USB port for transferring data to a flash drive and for updating firmware
- EIV can be used to troubleshoot and pinpoint problems anywhere within a distribution network
- Several additional features can be used to quickly identify faulty equipment in an installation
- Test individual cable runs, tuning to any DIRECTV Satellite transponder, testing communications between SWiM and IRD, measuring in-line voltage, current and tone, and performing a complete transponder survey
- Includes: Carrying case, 100 to 240 VAC Power Adapter, 12 VAC vehicle power adapter, battery pack, F-connector, 25 cable test load, 512 MB USB flash drive (contains User Manual)
- Newest Version of AIM Meter! We Are an Authorized DIRECTV AIM Meter Dealer
- To download the latest AIM Firmware and database Click Here.
- AIM signal meters will only be shipped to the customers billing address used when placing the order. We will not ship to third party location.
- On-screen instructions guide technician through installation, EIV and troubleshooting
- Works with the latest DIRECTV dishes including 4K Reverse Band dishes and Generation 2 SWM dishes
What's new in the Generation 1.5 AIM Meter:
Lithium-ion battery and charge circuits
- 25% increase in battery life over AIM 1.0, which should allow a technician to complete a full day's work on a single charge
- Longer battery life that offers twice as many charge/discharge cycles as current battery
- More accessible battery compartment for faster and easier field repleacements
Increased structural rigidity
- Rubber over-mold on the enclosure and rigid "Tetrafab" case for the meter
- Recessed lens and lip around the display help protect against cracked screens
- More robust internal design
- High contrast driver chip to improve visibility in bright light
- Thin protective plastic sheet with non-glare coating
- Outer protective lens can be easily replaced
Efficient, Rugged, and Versatile
The AIM Was developed by DIRECTV, Trilithic and Indesign to provide customized features for installing and troubleshooting DIRECTV Satellite receiver systems. The AIM is a rugged meter suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. A fully charged AIM can be use for all aspects of installation and troubleshooting as many as six single-family homes.
The AIMs large display and keypad make it easy to navigate to the many features of the meter. On-screen directions guide the technician through ODU installation, extended installation verification, and other troubleshooting tests. A USB port is providedto transfer data from the AIM to a flash drive, and for upgrading the AIM firmware.
Extended Installation Verification (EIV)
EIV can be performed right after ODU alignment whiel the technician is on the roof to uickly confirm that pointing is satisfactory. This gives the installer confidence that IRDs isntalledi n the home will pass IV. EIV can also be used as troubleshooting tool to pinpoint problems anywhere within a distribution network.
Several additiona troubleshooting features can be used to quickly identify fault equipment in an installation. the AIM Allows testing of individual cable runs in the distribution network, tuning to any DIRECTV satellite transponder, testing communications between the SWiM and the IRD, measuring in-line voltage, curretn and tone, and performing a complete transponder survey.
|Frequency Range||250-2150 MHz|
|Signal Level Range ||-10 to -69 dBm|
|RF Input Connector||Replaceable F Connector (2)|
|Input Inpedence||75 OHM|
|LNB Power Supply||13 Volts/ 18 Volts|
|SWiM LNB Power Supply||21 Volts|
|Communications||USB flash drive|
|Battery||8 - cel, 9.6 Volts, 3.8 AH rechargeable NiMH|
|Operating Temperature||-20° to + 125°F (-28.9° to + 51.7° C)|
|Storage Temperature||-40° to + 150° F (4.4° to 37.8° C)|
|Battery Charging Temp.||40° to 100° F (4.4° to 37.8° C)|
|Display||240 x 160 pixel, transflective backlit LCD|
|Weight ||2.54 lbs. (1150 g)|
|Dimensions ||244 x 118 x 59 mm |
9.6 x 4.6 x 2.3 in.
Here are available downloads related to this product:
Product Reviews for AIM 1.5 Advanced Installation Meter for DIRECTV Satellite Dishes (AIM15)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!