Solid Signal > Commercial Equipment > Headend Equipment > Drake DAR8642
The R.L. Drake model DAR8642, DAR8633, DAR8618, DAR7542, and DAR7533 broadband distribution amplifiers are designed for indoor headend use in both residential and commercial buildings where RF signal distribution in the frequency range of 54 to 750 or 860 MHz is required. Each model incorporates a push-pull hybrid input preamp (except the DAR8618) and a power doubled hybrid output amplifier to provide a very low distortion signal for launch amplifier applications in the ouput of an SMATV and CATV headend. The Gain and Slope controls both have a range of 10 dB minimum and operate between the preamp hybrid and the output hybrid to maintain a low noise figure over a wide range of gain and slope settings. The DAR8618 has a power doubled output hybrid with no input preamplifier and no adjustable gain and slope controls.
- Forward Gain Adjustment: 15 dB minimum
- Operating Temperature: -20° to 60°C
- Size: 19” W x 7.5”L x 1.75”D
- Power Requirement 115 VAC, 60 Hz, 24 Watts (Model DAR8618 - 18 watts)
- Frequency Coverage (forward path): 54 to 750 MHz
- Frequency Coverage (return path): 5 to 42 MHz
- Gain: 33dB
- Noise Figure (maximum): 7dB
- Channel Loading: 110 channels
- Output Level (max per channel for specified distortion): +44 dBmV
- Input Level (maximum without using fixed input attenuator): +20 dBmV
- Slope Control Adjustment (54 MHz): 10 dB minimum
- Optimum Input Level Range: +10 to +15 dBmV
- Composite Triple Bear: -58 dB
- Composite Second Order: -58 dB
- Cross-modulation: -60 dB
- Input/Output Impedances: 75 ohms
- Return Loss, Input and Output: 14 dB
- Monitor Port Levels Input and Output: -30 dB
- Fixed Input Attenuator: Plug-in (SXP type) available
- Fixed Input Equalizer: Plug-in (QSA type) available
- Hum Modulation: -70 dB
- RF Shielding: Leakage complies with FCC part 76
All models have a provision for optional fixed input attenuators and equalizers.
plated through hole, glass epoxy printed circuit boards, and SMT
contstruction are used for low losses and maximum reliability.
DAR series models include a built-in diplexer filter. This allows the
return path energy that is present at the ouput port of the DAR to be
separated from the DAR output and passed to the return path output port.
and output test connectors are provided for convenient monitoring of
the signal path. The amplifier circuitry is designed for maximum
stability, low distortion, low noise figure, and is protected in a
rugged aluminum housing.
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Drake Digital Rack Distribution Amplifier (DAR8642)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!