Extends any high speed USB 2.0 device up to 1640 feet (500 meters) from the computer with built-in 4-port hub over multimode fiber optics cable.
- Operate USB 2.0 peripherals up to 330ft (100m) from a computer
- USB Connectors: Transmitter: (1) USB type B
- USB Connectors: Receiver: (2) USB type A
- Dimensions of Transmitter: 1.5" W x 1.2" H x 3.3" D
- Dimensions of Receiver: 3.4" W x 1.1" H x 1.3" D
- Two 500 mA DC powered USB ports at Receiver
- Power Supply: External 5V DC @ 10W max. power consumption
- Operating Temperature: 0-70 C
- Supports low and high-speed USB
- Uses industry-standard CAT5, CAT5e, or CAT6 cable
- Supports all major operating systems -- Windows, MacOS and Linux.
- True plug-and-play, 100% hardware solution with no drivers required
- Operates at full 480 Mbps speed when running in USB 2.0 mode
- Receiver supports up to 2 USB powered connections at 500 mA each
- USB 2.0 Speed: 480 Mbps
- Link Connectors: RJ-45 Shielded
How It Works
Gefens USB 2.0 LR Sender unit connects to the host (for example, a computer). The Receiver unit is connected to USB device(s) at the desired extended location. A CAT5 cable is installed between the two modules. The 5V power supply is attached to the Receiver. Any USB device(s) plugged into the Receiver are now seen by the host. LEDs on the Sender and Receiver units indicate power, CAT5 link status, and data transmission activity.
Note: Gefens USB 2.0 LR supports all major operating systems -- Windows, MacOS and Linux. No software drivers are required.
A powered USB hub may be connected to the USB 2.0 Extender LR Receiver to allow more USB devices to be extended. A maximum of 14 USB devices (including hubs) may be connected to the USB 2.0 LR Receiver.
• (1) Gefen USB 2.0 Extender over CAT5 LR Sender unit
• (1) Gefen USB 2.0 Extender over CAT5 LR Receiver unit
• (1) 5V DC Power Supply
• (1) 6 ft. USB Cable
• (1) Users Manual