Solid Signal > Commercial Equipment > HDMI Supplies
Gefen EXT-VGAAUD-2-HDMIS VGA Audio to HDMI Scaler Box (EXT-VGAAUD-2-HDMIS)
No Reviews Available
Be the first to write one!
Availability: Currently Not Available
Convert PC audio/video to full-screen HDMI with simultaneous analog & digital audio output.
Upscale an analog video signal from a computer or VGA source to a high quality digital HD display. The Gefen VGA Audio to HDMI Scaler supports a range of video resolutions up to 1080p. Also, it will take digital TOSLINK or analog 3.5mm mini-Stereo audio as input, and simultaneously output the audio signal in the same format. A comprehensive on-screen display (OSD) menu allows intuitive control over a range of A/V operations.
- Scales any PC resolution (VGA ~ WUXGA) to SD/HD HDMI (480i ~ 1080p)
- Automatically detects and matches the native resolution of the connected display
- Provides output picture adjustment of many parameters including contrast, brightness, hue, saturation, sharpness, RGB (color tone) level and aspect ratio size.
- Supports stereo analog and multi-channel audio up to 6 channels (digital only)
Input Connector: 1 x PC SVGA, HD-15 type, 15-pin
• Audio Input
Connector (analog): 1 x 3.5mm Mini-Stereo phone jack
• Audio Input
Connector (digital): 1 x TOSLINK (optical fiber)
• Audio/Video Output
Connector: 1 x HDMI Type A, 19-pin
• Audio Output Connector (analog):
1 x 3.5mm Mini-Stereo phone jack
• Audio Output Connector (digital): 1
x TOSLINK (optical fiber)
• Power Supply: 5V/2.6 A DC
• Dimensions: 3.9 W x 1 H x 6 D
Weight: 2.0 lbs.
• HDMI compliant
• Accepts LPCM and
bitstream audio input
• (1) VGA Audio to HDMI with Scaler Box
(1) 6 ft Mini Stereo Audio Cable
• (1) 6 ft SVGA to SVGA Cable
• (1) 5VDC Power Supply Adaptor
• (1) Operation Manual
Connect a VGA source to the Scaler input with a VGA
cable. Next, connect the analog or digital audio input/output ports using 3.5mm
mini-Stereo cable. Connect TOSLINK output from a digital audio source to
TOSLINK input on the Scaler using TOSLINK cable. Finally, connect an
HDMI-compliant display to the HDMI output port. Audio signals pass to the
amplifier from the Scaler through the audio cables, taking either analog or
digital audio and embedding it into the HDMI output.
up the Scaler by plugging in the 5VDC line from the power supply. A clear
picture will be displayed on the display.
The number of audio channels that are output by the VGA Audio to HDMI with
Scaler depends on the audio that is input. In the case of an analog signal,
stereo input passes through unmodified to the 3.5mm mini-stereo output,
converted to 2-channel LPCM digital audio on the HDMI and TOSLINK output
connectors. In the case of digital Multi-channel audio input formats, such as
Dolby Digital 5.1/AC3 and Bitstream Audio these are passed unmodified to the
TOSLINK and HDMI outputs, and not to the 3.5 analog outputs.
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Gefen EXT-VGAAUD-2-HDMIS VGA Audio to HDMI Scaler Box (EXT-VGAAUD-2-HDMIS)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!