Solid Signal > Computer and Networking Equipment > Memory Cards and Readers > IOGear GSR202
Get ready for the future with the new IOGEAR USB Smart Card Access Reader. Smart Card readers are used as a communications medium between the smart card and a host (e.g. a computer, a point-of-sale terminal). A Smart Card is a small portable credit-card shaped pocket-sized card with embedded integrated circuits or IC chips which can process data. The combination of the small size and IC make them a valuable tool for security, data storage, and other special applications. The use of Smart Cards can improve user security by combining something a user has (the smart card) with something only the user should know (a PIN), this provides two factor security that is more secure than passwords alone.
- FIPS 201 Certified
- Supports multiple Smart Card protocols and relevant industry standards for digital signage and secure personal identification
- USB 2.0 connection to increase reliability and ease of operation
- EMV 2000 Level 1 approved
- Support ISO7816 Class A, B, and C (5V / 3V / 1.8V) Card
- LED lights for power on and to indicate a successful scan
- Supports multiple Smart Card protocols and relevant industry standards including CAC
Product Reviews for Iogear GSR202 Smart Card Reader (GSR202)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!