Home > Personal Audio/Video > Video Sharing > iRecord iRecord Pro
iRecord Pro High Resolution Direct Recorder (iRecord Pro)
P\N: iRecord Pro
No Reviews Available
Be the first to write one!
iRecord Pro is the next generation of iRecord. In addition to iRecord’s existing features, iRecord Pro introduces a number of other functionalities, such as direct recording to iPhone, iPod® touch, high resolution H.264 recording, direct recording to PC/Mac®, Streaming, MPEG-2/MPEG-1 transcoding, duration recordings, schedule recordings & lossless audio recording.
- Direct recording to iPhone and iPod touch in stunning high resolution H.264 recording
- Added support for iPhone and iOS 4
- Direct recording to PC or Mac, Streaming or MPEG-2/MPEG-1
- Transcoding, duration recordings, schedule recordings & lossless audio recording
- Easy to use, featuring one touch operation
- Now supports the iPhone 3Gs and iPhone 4
- Product Includes: iRecord Pro device, s-video cable, RCA audio/video cable, USB device cable, power adapter, remote control, user manual & quick start guide
- Compatible with all Windows Operating Systems and Intel based Macs.
iRecord uses standard audio and video input connector, and supports NTSC, PAL and SECAM video standards making it compatible with almost any video or audio device manufactured in the past forty years. Out of the box iRecord will record to hundreds of portable devices, USB flash drives and even USB hard drives. The applications for iRecord are almost limitless.
iRecord can record audio from any device that has line out audio jacks, and video from any device with either a composite video or S-video output. This makes iRecord compatible with thousands of devices including televisions, cable and satellite set-top boxes, terrestrial, satellite and internet radio.
When recording to an Apple iPod you can use iRecord Desktop to set up a schedule of one or more programs for completely unattended recording.
Capture live events so that you can relive them or share them with others
Just connect iRecord to a video camera to immediately create high quality video files that you can watch on a mobile device, burn to a CD/DVD, or upload to the Internet. There is no tedious encoding process to go through as iRecord encodes into the state of the art H.264 video format in real-time. The result is stunning picture quality with none of the dropped frame issues that make digital video stutter or motion artifacts that blur the picture. iRecord is a great solution for crystal clear video blogs, or making lectures and corporate presentations immediately available to a wide audience.
iRecord can connect to the composite or S-video output from your computer so that you can easily create self-running product demonstrations or educational videos. iRecord can also capture game play from the leading game consoles so that you can demonstrate your mastery to friends.
Enjoy your movies and listen to your music wherever you are.
Connect iRecord to your digital video recorder, DVD player, HD DVD® player or Blu-ray® player to record crystal clear videos with small file sizes. Or connect iRecord to your CD Player or home audio system to record music in high quality MP3 or AAC formats at bit rates up to 320kbps
iRecord lets you capture and archive precious family movies, audio recordings, out of print vinyl albums and audio cassettes. Simply connect your turntable, tape deck, VCR or camcorder to iRecord and create digital audio and video files that you can archive to CD or DVD, or play on the device of your choice.
The H.264/AVC video format can deliver stunning results from small file sizes. The downside is that accurately encoding video in H.264 is very computationally intensive. This means that software H.264 encoders tend to be both slow and CPU hogs: making your computer unresponsive for long period of time.
Connecting iRecord to your Windows PC or Mac makes light work of encoding and transcoding a variety of digital video formats into high quality H.264. Because iRecord’s hardware has been optimized for video encoding/decoding, it can decode full D1 (720x480/576) resolution MPEG2 video to QVGA (320x240) resolution H.264 video in real-time without tying up your computer. You can even use a laptop or older computer to encode full length movies.
- Support for direct recording to iPhone, iPod Touch
- Record smooth high quality video at QVGA (320x240) resolution
- Record smooth high quality video at up to full D1 (720x480/576) resolution
- Record audio in AAC and MP3 formats at up to 320kbps
- Support for NTSC, PAL and SECAM video standards with auto-detection
- Automatic detection of the target player and selection of compatible audio and video formats for that player
- Easy firmware upgrade process
- Unattended scheduled recordings to iPods
- Recording timer for 30, 60, 120 and 180 minute recordings
- Transcode MPEG-2 digital video into H.264
- Record directly to a PC or Mac hard disks
- Remote Control
High Resolution Recording:
- iRecord Pro allows you to record videos at higher resolutions
- Full D1 (720x480/576) at 30/25 frames per second
- VGA (640x480) at 30/25 frames per second
- iPhone native resolution (480x320) at 30/25 frames per second
- PSP native resolution (480x272) at 30/25 frames per second
- QVGA(320x240) at 30/25 frames per second
Record to PC or Mac:
- iRecord Pro lets your capture, analog A/V signal directly to your PC/Mac in H.264 format
- The captured contents can be previewed on the local or streamed to other computers
- iRecord Pro lets you record your music directly to your PC/Mac (MP3/AAC/WAV)
- PC/Mac recording requires an iRecord Desktop software, which is available free of cost from iRecord website
- Remote computers can watch the streamed contents via QuickTime
- iRecord Desktop also allows you to schedule your recordings at a particular time and configure recording parameters such as bit rate, resolution, codec etc
- iRecord Pro converts MPEG-2/MPEG-1 contents to MP4 format, that is playable on variety of portable media players
- iRecord Desktop facilitates the transcoding process. iRecord Desktop provides two modes of transcoding:
1. PC/Mac based transcoding
2. Standalone transcoding
- With standalone mode, you can attach the disk containing MPEG-2 files with iRecord Pro, and let the iRecord convert them for you without PC/Mac involvement
- iRecord Pro is equipped with timer buttons. Using these buttons you can specify the recording duration. Following time duration are available: 30, 60, 120, 180
- The timer LEDs on the unit indicate the remaining time left for the recording
iRecord Pro comes with a Remote Control with keys to:
- Start video or audio-only recording
- Pause recording
- Stop recording
- Set recording durations 30, 60, 120, 180 minutes
This universal firmware update supports iRecord Pro Download Firmware 1.5.0 (1106) from the manufacturers website.
Features in version 1.5.0(1106):
Added support for iPhone and iOS 4.
Features in version 1.4.5(1102):
Added support for iTunes 9.1.
Features in version 1.4.4(1098):
Added support for 5th generation iPod nano.
Features in version 1.4.4(1097):
Added support for iPhone firmware 3.1.
Features in version 1.4.3(1096):
Added support for iPhone 3GS and iPhone OS 3.0.
Added support for iPhone/iPod touch Firmware 3.0.
Added automatic video standard detection for some non-standard TV systems.
Features in version 1.3.1(1092):
Added support for very large HDDs (HFS+ formatted, tested upto 1.5TB).
Added support for iPhone configuration (via iRecordDesktop 2.22).
Added support for handling aspect ratio distortion (configurable via iRecordDesktop 2.22) .
Features in version 1.3.1(1088):
Direct recording support for iPhone 3G.
Direct recording support for iPod touch and iPhone firmware 2.0.
FLAC lossless audio recording support added. You need to upgrade to .......... iRecordDesktop 2.1 to enable this feature (via configuration utility).
Default recording resolution changed to Full D1 (720x480/576) for generic USB ........... flash media. Previously it was VGA (640x480).
Recording timer/(Front LEDs) now operates as 30,60,120,180, instead of ...... 30,60,90,120 minutes.
Firmware Upgrade Procedure:
Download the firmware upgrade.
Firmware upgrade procedure is provided in the readme.txt file. Please follow the instructions.
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for iRecord Pro High Resolution Direct Recorder (iRecord Pro)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!