Home > GPS & Navigation > Handheld GPS > Garmin 010-00924-02
Garmin MONTANA650T Handheld GPS Navigator (MONTANA650T)
No Reviews Available
Be the first to write one!
Take it hiking. Take it hunting. Take it on the water. Montana 650t features a bold 4 in. color touchscreen dual-orientation display and TOPO U.S. 100K maps, supports multiple mapping options such as BirdsEye Satellite Imagery, and it has a 5 megapixel camera to boot.
- Whether it’s loading an application, navigating to a waypoint, switching your profile or customizing settings, advanced shortcuts lets you combine these functions to create a tailored, streamlined experience. Each Montana comes with pre-loaded shortcuts — Go Home, Track Log On/Off and Stop Navigation — to get you started.
- Includes a QWERTY keyboard so you can find what you need and take notes faster
- Helps you keep your bearings straight by letting you to lock your screen to keep it from shifting directions (portrait to landscape or vice versa)
- Includes a 5 megapixel camera; each photo automatically is geotagged with coordinates
- Includes TOPO U.S. 100K maps as well as other mapping options such as TOPO 24K, BlueChart® g2, BirdsEye Satellite Imagery and Custom Maps
- Shares waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPS users
- Locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains it even in heavy cover and deep canyons
- Includes a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass and barometric altimeter
- Features a dual battery system — rechargeable lithium-ion pack or traditional AA batteries
- Supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to it
- With the touch of a button, you can pull up a multi-orientation dashboard from anywhere — your map, home screen, compass, trip computer, status page — so you can create more dashboards in more places.
- Montana’s fully customizable home screen allows you to bring up to 16 items from "Where To?," "Setup" and "Shortcuts" to your home screen so you can easily access them without having to click between screens.
- Reorder any menu however you like, and avoid constantly scrolling through a long list of menu items.
- Montana remembers which profile you were using, based on the mount, so you can get on your way quickly.
- With the touch of a button, configure your applications easily and quickly. Montana can accommodate left- or right-handed setups based on the screen orientation.
- Uses map data to display your “full track view” so you know what you’re up against
- Logs everything (waypoints, tracks, caches, etc.) on your calendar so you can review (or brag) about your accomplishments later
- Changes to “night mode” automatically so your eyes stay focused even when the sun goes down
Physical & Performance:
Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 2.9" x 5.7" x 1.4" (7.48 x 14.42 x 3.64 cm)
Display size, WxH: 2"W x 3.5"H (5.06 x 8.93 cm); 4" diag (10.2 cm)
Display resolution, WxH: 272 x 480 pixels
Display type: bright, transflective 65k color TFT, dual-orientation touchscreen; sunlight readable
Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion (included) or 3 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
Battery life: up to 16 hours (lithium-ion); up to 22 hours (AA batteries)
Waterproof: yes (IPX7)
High-sensitivity receiver: yes
Interface: high-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
Maps and Memory:
Preloaded maps: yes (topographic)
Ability to add maps: yes
Built-in memory: 3.5 GB
Accepts data cards: microSD™ card (not included)
Track log: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
Features and Benefits:
Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads): yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
Electronic compass: yes (tilt-compensated, 3-axis)
Barometric altimeter: yes
Camera: yes (5 megapixel with autofocus; automatic geo-tagging)
Geocaching-friendly: yes (paperless)
Custom maps compatible: yes
Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos): yes
Outdoor GPS games: no
Hunt/fish calendar: yes
Sun and moon information: yes
Tide tables: yes
Area calculation: yes
Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): yes
Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): yes
Picture viewer: yes
Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): yes
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Garmin MONTANA650T Handheld GPS Navigator (MONTANA650T)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!