Solid Signal > Commercial Equipment > Headend Equipment
The R.L. Drake model MQM6000L is a professional quality, digital headend modulator that accepts one to six single or multiprogram transport streams via six BNC, Asynchronous Serial Input (ASI) connectors. When six streams are input, the MQM6000L then multiplexes one program from each input and applies the result to the QAM modulator and up converter for output onto any desired CATV or off-air output channel between 54 and 1002 MHz. A program filter is provided to allow selection of the desired program from each input stream. Other programs in the incoming streams are dropped.
- Front panel display and buttons allow easy setup and monitoring of operatingmode and parameters.
- PCR correction is performed when necessary.
- RS232 remote control and monitoring capability with the included Drake DigitalHeadend Control Software.
- High MER output signal quality.
- 1U tall package with internal power supply conserves rack space.
- +40 dBmV output, QAM modulator and very low phase noise agile upconverter arebuilt in.
- Output is agile on CATV or broadcast channels from 54 to 1002 MHz.
- Six ASI Inputs.
- TS Multiplexer for MPEG2 transport streams. Programs may be MPEG2 or H.264.
- ATSC PSIP is supported.
- MPEG program and minor channel number offsetting when multiplexing.
- Major channel number pass through or remarking is selectable when multiplexing.
- Rewriting of the MPEG tables is provided when two input streams are multiplexed.
Technical Data And Specifications
|DRAKE MQM6000L MULTIPLEXING QAM MODULATOR
||Six Asynchronous Serial Inputs (ASI) 270 Mbps ASI clock rate with maximum transport stream of 40 Mbps at each input MPTS or SPTS
||16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024 QAM Refer to manual for QAM / FEC combinations
||1 to 7 Msps
|Forward Error Correction (FEC):
||ITU - A (DVB) or ITU - B (Digicipher® II)
|I / Q Phase Error
||< 1 degree
|Channel Amplitude Error
||< 1 dB
||> 38 dB with blind equalizer
|Null Packet Processing
|The MQM6000L utilizes a fixed output clock mode
|UpConverter RF Output
|Output Frequency Range:
||54 to 1002 MHz
||Standard CATV, HRC, IRC or Broadcast
||± 5 ppm
|I / Q Phase Error
||< 1 degree
|Maximum Output Level:
||+ 40 dBmV minimum, adjustable downward.
|Output Level Accuracy:
||± 1 dB
||75 Ohms with return loss better than 14 dB (within output filter passband)
||- 60 dBc from 40 to 1000 MHz
||- 75 dBc
||- 101 dBc @ 10 kHz offset
||2400, 4800, 9600 or 19200 baud interface via serial cable
||DB9 connector for connection to modem, PC or Drake SCTeci Ethernet controller
||DB9 connector for connection to additional units
Specifications, price, and availability are subject to change without notice or obligation.
||90 - 132 VAC, 60 Hz, 15 W maximum
||19" (48.3 cm) W x 1.75" (4.45 cm) H x 11.5" (29.2 cm) D
||0° C (32° F) to 50° C (122° F)
Here are available downloads related to this product:
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Drake Digital Multiplexing QAM Modulator (MQM6000L)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!