Replaced with the DIRECTV GENIE GO For the first time, you will be able to take your recorded programs wherever you go, watching downloaded programs on your computer or mobile device through the easy-to use computer or mobile application.
- 16GB Internal Memory (expandable via USB)
- One external drive can be used on the nomad connected to the USB port.
- The external drives must be USB2.0 compliant
- Replaced with the DIRECTV GENIE GO
- No OTA or VOD transcoding
- Ethernet connection
- Programs may be stored on client devices for 30 days
- iPod and PC clients available now
- iPad and Android apps coming soon
- No internet connection required while viewing
- Series can be auto-downloaded for quick transfer to remote devices
- Only 1 nomad unit can be activated per account
Your nomad comes with built-in storage capacity. It can hold approximately 20 hours, depending on the type of recorded programming. If you fill up your nomad with programming, the oldest piece of programming will automatically be deleted to make room for new programming. Programs will also be automatically deleted from the nomad if you delete them from your HD DVR. As long as you have storage capacity on your computer or mobile device, the programming will remain on your computer or mobile device for 30 days unless otherwise deleted.
You can expand your storage capacity by plugging an external hard drive or USB storage device
into the USB slot on the back of the nomad.
Note: The USB hard drive will be formatted for use with your nomad, so make sure you do not have any files you would like to keep on that drive.