Solid Signal > Satellite Equipment > Multiswitches
The OBM100 is an out of band data modulator for use with the SCT2X4 headend satellite to cable transcoder. The purpose of the OBM100 is to provide a one-way data channel from the headend to a universe of set top boxes that are being served by the headend. Usually program guide and conditional access control information will be sent through this channel.
The OBM100 provides two functions in the data management process. First of all it accepts an ASI transport stream from the SCT2X4 data output connector. This is data that is sent over the satellite path to the headend. The OBM100 takes this low data rate stream and without making any changes to the data, outputs the data through an Ethernet connection to the headend control PC.
- Frequency Range: 70 to 130 MHz, 50 kHz step
- Four ASI Inputs: 270 MHz clock speed, BNC connectors
- Data Rate: 3.02 Mbps maximum for total of all four Inputs
- UDP to UDP Frame Spacing: 3500 microseconds minimum for 1.544 MHz Symbol Rate
- UDP to UDP Frame Spacing: 5300 microseconds minimum for 1.024 MHz Symbol Rate
- UDP to UDP Frame Spacing: 7050 microseconds minimum for .772 MHz Symbol Rate
- Operating Temperature Range: 0 C to + 50 C ambient
- Size: 19" W X 1.75" H X 7.75" D
- Weight: 6 lb
- Power Requirements: 120 VAC / 60 Hz / 10 W
- Output Level: + 50 dBmv minimum
- Output Level Adjustment Rate: 20 dB typical
- Output Level Display Accuracy: ± 2 dB
- Output Level Stability: ± 1 dB
- Frequency Stability: ± 5 Hz
- Output Impedance: 75 ohm, return loss > 12 dB
- Mode: Normal, CW, PRBS
- Symbol Rate: .772 MHz, 1.024 MHz. 1.544 MHz
After the headend PC constructs a
complete data stream for the set tops, derived from the satellite
delivered data and from locally generated data, the resulting stream is
output from the headend control PC back to the OBM100 on the same
Ethernet cable that is passing the satellite delivered data in the other
direction. The OMB100 accepts this incoming data and performs its
second function – transmitting this data stream to the set top boxes.
The OBM100 generates a QPSK modulated
signal, modulated by the data stream from the headend controller, at a
data rate of approximately 3 Mbps. This signal is upconverted to any
operator-selected frequency between 70 and 130 MHz for transmission
throughout the cable plant.
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Drake Digital Data Modulator (OBM100)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!