Solid Signal > Commercial Equipment > Distribution > Olson Technology OTPN-400C
The Olson PremiseNode OTPN-400C Optical Node is a low-cost, compact, indoor CATV receive-only node in a new cast housing. It is designed with the latest optical receiver technology to reliably deliver a full slate of multiplexed video, data, and telephony services in an HFC (hybrid fiber/coax) or PON (passive optical network) broadband CATV environment.
- Receive only indoor optical node for fiber-deep FTTX/PON CATV applications.
- New compact, light-weight, rugged cast aluminum housing for easy installation.
- Wide optical input window of 0 to -8dBm at 1310/1550nm.
- High RF output range: +28dBmV @ -1dBm optical input and +14dBmV@-8 dBm optical input.
- Full forward path bandwidth of 40-1,000MHz with low noise and distortion.
- Calibrated DC test point for optical input power (1V/mW).
- Tri-colored LED indicates optimal input range and power on.
- +12 VDC for local or remote “up-the-coax” powering via a Power Inserter Coupler (PIC).
- 6kV surge tolerant RF output and SMT construction for consistency, reliability, and performance.
- Low power consumption.
The Model OTPN-400C is ideal for direct fiber transmission of CATV RF signals in FTTH, FTTx, MDU, corporate, government, educational, and other applications where a high performance, compact indoor node is required. the unit is constructed with high quality components to enable it to meet its performance specifications over wide temperature range in an uncontrolled environment, but it does require protection from the elements. It is designed for desktop, shelf or wall-mounting.
The Model OTPN-400C offers good optical sensitivity, high RF output level, optical indoor power DC test point and optical level LED indicator. The unit includes a provision for flexible powering of the node, either locally through the DC Power IN “+12VDC” port, or remotely up the coax drop through the “RF OUT/+12VDC” port via an optional Power Inserting Coupler (PIC).
The Model OTPN-400C is the perfect companion to the Olson Technology, Inc. LaserLite and LaserPlus forward transmitter product families. It is also designed to mate with 1310nm, 1550nm, CWDM and DWDM optical transmitters from most leading manufacturers.
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Olson Technology OTPN-400C PremiseNode Receive Only Optical Node (OTPN-400C)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!