Home > Satellite Equipment > DIRECTV Receivers > DIRECTV R16
DIRECTV R16M Marine PLUS DVR Digital Multi-Satellite Receiver (R16M)
No Reviews Available
Be the first to write one!
Get access to more than 225 channels of 100% digital-quality DIRECTV programming -- with all the convenience of a digital video recording service offering an easy-to-use search function.
- DIRECTV requires a 24 month (lease) commitment on all activated receivers Click Here for details regarding the DIRECTV EQUIPMENT LEASE AGREEMENT.
- Record shows digitally, without a videotape.
- Unlike the previous models, this receiver does NOT have a built in ATSC tuner (for off-air programming)
- R16 will support SWM (Single Wire Multiswitch)
- We Do Not Ship to Canada
- Activated receivers cannot be returned to Solid Signal and must be handled by DIRECTV
- Record two shows at once while watching a previously recorded show.
- Pause and rewind live TV for up to 90 minutes.
- Has a built in RF antenna, but does NOT come with RF remote (IR remote comes with every R16)
- Click Here to purchase the RF Remote
- Automatically record an entire season of favorite shows, even if they move to a new day or time.
- Record and save up to 100 hours of programming.
- Search and digitally record favorite shows with one click.
- For easy activation; please call our activation hotline at 1-866-726-4183
- Search for your favorite shows via person, title, keyword or channel.
- Enjoy the picture at the proper resolution. Also choose your screen format: full screen, stretched, letterbox, pillar box, or crop mode.
- Customize the guide by choosing only the channels you want to see.
| Whats in the Box
| • 6-Foot Coax Cable
• 6-Foot A/V Cable
• 6-Foot S-Video Cable
• Power Cable
• Phone cable
| • R16 Satellite Receiver
• Access Card
• RC64 IR Remote Control
• (2) AA Batteries
| Beyond Solid Signals return policy this item is covered by the Manufacturers Warranty of 90 Days Parts and Labor. Extended service plans are available from DIRECTV.
| Activation Process
| As an Authorized Dealer all you have to do is Call DIRECTV once you have the receiver to activate it over the phone.
|(2) Composite Outputs (RCA)
|(2) Stereo Outputs (L/R)
|(2) Satellite Inputs (Coaxial)
Off-air Input (Coaxial)
Weight: 8 lbs.
• Get access to thousands of available titles with DIRECTV On Demand
• Dolby® Digital 5.1 Surround Sound capable
• Parental locks/control
• Records up to 100 Hours of Programming
|• SWiM Compatible.
• View and log Caller ID information provided by your local phone company.
• 14 Day Advanced Program Guide®
• Interactive TV enabled
• Customize the guide by choosing only the channels you want to see
|DIRECTV Receiver Lease
|All DIRECTV equipment offers are for leased equipment only. Equipment costs, particularly for advanced products such as HD and/or DVR receivers, can be sizable and provides customers with a more affordable alternative.
As of 3/1/06 DIRECTV® now requires a 24 month commitment and all equipment must be returned to DIRECTV® if customer cancels service with DIRECTV®
| Frequently Asked Questions
|Q. Does the R16 receiver come with an Access Card?
A. Yes, all our DIRECTV receivers come with an Access Card.
Q. What Satellite Dish is required for the R16
A. A single lnb, dual lnb, triple lnb, AT9, AU9,SL3 or SL5 Dish is required.
Q. Does the R16 require a B-Band Converter (BBC)
A. No, its built-in to the receiver.
Q. Can I run just one line to this receiver from the satellite dish?
A. Yes, but you will only be feeding one tuner, so you can only record one thing at a time. Have two lines would let you watch one program while recording another
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for DIRECTV R16M Marine PLUS DVR Digital Multi-Satellite Receiver (R16M)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!