Solid Signal > GPS Navigation & Optics > Handheld GPS
Garmin RINO655T Handheld GPS Navigator (RINO655T)
No Reviews Available
Be the first to write one!
With its high-sensitivity GPS receiver and quad helix antenna, Rino 655t quickly finds your position and maintains it – even in heavy cover. Plus, a built-in barometric altimeter and 3-axis compass make it easy to get your bearings without the need to hold it level.
- Weather any storm with Rinos built-in NOAA weather radio that helps you avoid hazardous weather. The radio displays county lines and storm watches/warnings on the map screen so youll always be in the know...and safe.
- Uses a universally accepted GPX file format to store your data and allow compatbility with your computer
- Offers innovative features like a 2.6" glove-friendly color touchscreen, barometric altimeter, 3-axis electronic compass and 5 megapixel autofocus camera, which automatically geotags photos
- Allows you to send unit-to-unit text messages (via radio signals) to other Rino users in the area as well as share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly
- Whats in a name? A lot when it comes to Rino. Now, you can track 2,000 points of information per contact. Plus, the track manager makes it easy for you to maintain and review who youve been tracking.
- Gone are the days of missing a note. Rino time stamps and records the notes you receive from contacts for later review, or forwarding.
- Bring more functionality to your device with more dashboards in more places. View your elevation plot, coordinates, compass arrow and more on any page, at any time.
- Customize Rino to be as well-rounded as you. You can set up different profiles so you can quickly switch personalities based on what youre doing - hiking, driving or more. With Rino, youll never miss a beat.
- Stay with your group, even when they are far away. Rino lets you view multiple contacts on 1 screen, so even if youre far away, you can see where they are in relation to you. Plus, you can easily route to your friends or regroup if you need to.
- Uses HotFix and a high sensitivity receiver and quad helix antenna to acquire satellites
- Offers an improved base map with Digital Elevation Model
- Offers improved mapping support with access to TOPO U.S. 24K, BirdsEye Satellite Imagery, Garmin Custom Maps, City Navigator NT®, BlueChart® g2 and more
Physical & Performance:
Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 2.4" x 7.5" x 1.8" (6.0 x 19.0 x 4.5 cm)
Display size, WxH: 1.43" x 2.15" (3.6 x 5.5 cm); 2.6" diag (6.6 cm)
Display resolution, WxH: 160 x 240 pixels
Display type: transflective, 65-K color TFT
Battery: removable, rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack
Battery life: 14 hours (up to 18 hours with optional AA battery pack)
Waterproof: yes (IPX7)
High-sensitivity receiver: yes
Interface: high-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
Maps and Memory:
Preloaded maps: yes (topographic)
Ability to add maps: yes
Built-in memory: 4.5 GB
Accepts data cards: microSD™ card (not included)
Track log: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
Features and Benefits:
Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads): yes
Electronic compass: yes (tilt-compensated, 3-axis)
Barometric altimeter: yes
Camera: yes (5 megapixel with autofocus; 4x digital zoom; automatic geo-tagging)
Picture viewer: yes
Unit-to-unit transfer and ANT+™ compatible: yes
Hunt/fish calendar: yes
Sun and moon information: yes
Area calculation: yes
Frequency band: FRS and GMRS
Squelch codes: 38 (CTCSS); 83 (DCS)
Transmit power: 0.5 watts FRS, 5.0 watts, GMRS
Range: Up to 2 miles over FRS; up to 20 miles over GMRS
VOX (voice activation): yes
Location reporting (send and receive GPS positions): yes
Vibration alert: yes
NOAA weather radio: yes
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Garmin RINO655T Handheld GPS Navigator (RINO655T)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!