Solid Signal > Satellite Equipment > Multiswitches and Signal Distribution > Drake SCT2X4
Drake Digital BBT Transcoder (SCT2X4)
No Reviews Available
Be the first to write one!
The SCT2X4 includes two satellite tuners and demodulators that are used to recover an IP encapsulated, MPEG2 transport stream from the satellite-downlinked transmissions. The SCT2X4 can demodulate QPSK signals with various FEC modes and it can also demodulate 8PSK modulation using DVB-S2 FEC.
After demodulation and deencapsulation, all of the single program MPEG2 transport streams (MPEG2 or MPEG4/H.264 payload) from the received satellite transmissions, from one or two transponders, are listed so that the user can select desired program streams and map each program to one or more of the four output QAM channels. The programming of the program filter may be conveniently accomplished by means of a RS232 user interface and PC. After this program filtering, a multiplexer section combines selected programs into a multiprogram transport stream, one for each of the four outputs. The data rates are such that when the satellite transmissions are 8PSK with DVB-S2 FEC, the programs from two transponders will usually require four QAM output channels if all programs are selected.
- DRAKE SCT 2X4 BBT TRANSCODER: 1002490
- QAM Symbol Rate: 1 MS / s to 7 MS / s
- Spurious: 60 dBc, 5 to 1002 MHz
- Broadband Noise: - 69 dBc @ 6 MHz bandwitdth, equivalent to - 75 dBc for a single channel
- QAM I / Q Phase Error: < 1 degree
- Channel Amplitude Error: < 1 dB
- Carrier Suppression: > 45 dB
- MER: > 40 dB with blind equalizer
- Frequency Range: 950 to 2150 MHz
- Input Impedance: 75 ohm, return loss = 10 dB
- Input Level Range: - 25 to - 65 dBm / transponder
- Frequency Range: 54 to 1002 MHZ. Standard CATV, HRC, IRC, or Broadcast channel plans are supported
- Input Level Matching: Input levels between the two inputs should be within 15 dB for optimum performance
- Mode: QPSK, 8PSK
- FEC: DVB - S2
- Symbol Rate: 2 MS / s to 30 MS / s
- LNB Power: + 18V ± 10%, 500mA maximum total of both inputs
- Impedance: 75 ohms
- Data Rate: 270 Mb / s
- Cable Length: 1000 ft. maximum
- Data Rate: 2400, 4800, 9600 or 19200 baud
- Maximum Loop Length: 10 units
- Frequency Stability: ± 5 ppm
- Power: 90 to 132 VAC / 60 Hz, 85 Watts
- Size: 19" W X 3.5" H X 21.5" D
- Weight: 20 lb
- Operating Temperature Range: 0 to + 50 degrees Celsius
- Phase Noise: - 101 dBc / Hz @ 10 kHz offset
- Output Level: + 55 dBmV / channel
- Accuracy, Output Level Stability: ± 1 dB
- Output Level Adjustment Range: + 45 dBmV to + 56 dBmV nominal output level
- Output Impedance: 75 ohm, return loss = 14 dB
- Modulation Modes: CW, QAM - 16A, 32A, 64A, 128A, 256A, 512A, 1024A, 64B, 256B and 1024B
The satellite delivered streams end up
with quite a bit of timing jitter when the IP encapsulation process is
used at the uplink. The SCT2X4 contains special circuitry that is used
to reduce this jitter to an acceptable level for MPEG delivery.
The SCT2X4 does not alter the scrambling
that is likely to be in place on the program streams. The scrambled
streams pass intact through the transcoder and are delivered to the set
top box where the descrambling will occur. The SCT2X4 does provide a
data output that can be used to direct satellite delivered data, such as
EMM streams, to the local headend. Usually a local headend controller
will process this data and a Drake OBM100 Out of Band Modulator will be
used to send data from the headend controller to the set top boxes.
The SCT2X4 also provides an ASI input
where additional locally generated programs can be input. This allows
these programs to be added to one or more of the output multiplexes, as
selected by the user. These programs may be MPEG2 or H.264 transport
streams that have been encoded with a local MPEG encoder.
The SCT2X4 may be remotely monitored and
controlled via its RS232 interface. The SCTeci Ethernet Control
Interface may be used to provide an IP interface for all SCT2X4 units
that are being used in the headend.
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Drake Digital BBT Transcoder (SCT2X4)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!