Solid Signal > Commercial Equipment > Modulators
SDE-4AV-QAM (MPEG-2 Enhanced SD Encoder) provides superior Standard Definition (SD) encoding allowing the operator to use low video bit rates freeing up valuable bandwidth, while preserving video quality.
The unit accepts up to four standard-definition (SD) input programs in NTSC baseband Audio/Video format. Each input program is digitized, MPEG-2 encoded, and then multiplexed into one Multi-Program Transport Stream (MPTS). The output is available in the following formats simultaneously: 1xQAM, 1xASI, and 1xIP (GigE; MPTS).
- Enhanced SD performance for low video bit rates
- Supports Real-time Dolby® Digital audio encoding
- Supports Closed Captioning EIA-608
- Supports user-defined PSIP configuration
- Accepts up to four (4) programs in NTSC baseband A/V format
- Digitizes, MPEG-2 encodes, & multiplexes up to four programs into one MPTS
- Simultaneously delivers the following outputs: 1xQAM, 1xASI, and 1xIP (GigE; MPTS)
- Supports optional HD software upgrade to accept one program from any of the following inputs: 1xHDMI (unencrypted), 1xVGA, or 1xComponent
- Provides comprehensive GUI-based monitoring and control via standard Web browsers
- Provides a front-panel RF test point (at 20 dB below primary QAM output)
- Configurable to ITU-T J.83 Annex A and B digital QAM formats
- Equipped with EAS interface (Analog Video + L/R Audio)
The encoder supports Dolby® Digital audio encoding, and Closed
Captioning (EIA-608). It is also equipped with an Emergency Alert System
(EAS) interface, accepting NTSC video and baseband L/R audio for EAS
signal inputs. A front-panel RF test point allows for monitoring/testing
of the QAM output without service interruption.
remote monitoring and control is accomplished using any standard Web
browser via a rear-panel 10/100Base-T Ethernet connection.
HD migration can be achieved with the optional HD-PRO software upgrade
(6364 LIC). This field installable option enables the unit to be
configured in either HD or SD mode via its web interface. When operating
in HD mode (with the HD-PRO software upgrade), the encoder accepts one
(1) program from any one of the following inputs: 1xHDMI (unencrypted),
1xVGA or 1xComponent.
Here are available downloads related to this product:
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Blonder Tongue MPEG-2 SD Encoder (SDE-4AV-QAM)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!