Solid Signal > Commercial Equipment > IR Emitters
Sewell's IR extender kits provide all the parts you need in one convenient package to send an IR signal direct from your comfortable couch to wherever you store your equipment. Clean home theater set-ups (especially set-ups with wall-mounted HDTVs) can often require you to store your video equipment (Blu-Ray players, DVD players, TIVOs, etc.) in a remote place like a closet or another room. Since your remote controls rely on line-of-site to control your equipment (in other words, it can't go through walls, it must be pointed directly at your equipment if you aren't using an extender), you won't be able to use them unless you can send this signal (known as infrared or IR) to your equipment with a wired extender.
- Hidden IR repeater system
- Single band, works with all devices with an IR frequency in the 33-43 kHz range
- Will NOT work with devices in the second IR band from 44-60 kHz (many cable boxes are on the second IR band, contact your cable box's manufacturer to find out)
- Use an existing IR remote control to operate hidden audio video components
- Control up to 8 AV components
- Hidden IR repeater box
- Four (4) dual output emitters with 2m & 4m cord and mini-plug connector
- IR receiver with one foot cord and 4-pin din connector plug-in power supply
- 5V 0.5 amp Power Adapter. AC 110-240
This kit includes an IR receiver, a connecting block (which also serves
as a signal repeater), and IR emitters. The IR receiver is a small
inconspicuous device that you can mount on your HDTV's bezel or anywhere
else in the room where you will want to point your remote. It is small
and very easy to hide, but must be in line-of-site to your couch (or
wherever you will be sitting when using your remote control). This
receiver receives your remote control's commands and sends the signal
over 3.5mm wire (same type of cable called mini-stereo) through the
connecting block (which you can hide behind your wall).
The connecting block then actively repeats and sends the same signal
through all IR emitters connected to the block. Two emitters come with
the kit and each emitter features two "eyes". Each eye blasts out the
same IR signal, and you can tape them directly over each IR receiver on
your equipment or simply fix them to an opposite facing wall (like the
back of the door of your video closet for instance).
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Sewell IR Repeater Kit 4 Dual Emitters - 8 Device Controller (SW-29780)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!