Get the most out of your home audio system by ensuring the best connection from your speaker cable to your receiver with the Sewell Deadbolt Banana plugs. Using self crimping teeth these plugs provide a simple, secure, and low profile connection without requiring soldering or screws. These 1.6” inch plugs are extremely low profile making it so you can put your speakers or receiver closer to the wall.
- 24k Gold Plating on Connector and Crimping Teeth
- Pure, High Density Copper Connector
- Heavy Duty Brass (black) Casing
- Maximum accepted AWG: 8 AWG (10 AWG suggested)
- Maximum Jacket AWG: 2 AWG~ (1/4")
- Will need to strip about 1/2" of the jacket off the end of your speaker wire to terminate
Today, many electronics use the banana plug interface, also known as binding post (referring to this connection in its female form). This female binding post connection that accepts this banana plug is found commonly on virtually all audio/video receivers, speaker wall plates, and more.
Banana plugs offer an alternative to inserting a bare speaker wire into the equipment. Often a bare speaker connection is not as reliable as a guaranteed banana plug connection. Wires tend to get pulled out or frizzy after time passes. Banana plugs require only one install, giving you a permanent and robust connector at the end of your speaker wire.