See Video On How To Setup the Dish Network Tailgater
Tailgater is compatible with the 211k receiver and the 211z
This system is for stationary use. Enjoy DISH Network in any temporary location outside of the home, like in an RV, cabin, campground, or when tailgating at a sporting event!
The Tailgater includes a user’s guide, quick reference guide, and a one‐year warranty
Includes a ViP 211k HD receiver
Existing customers with an active 211k in their home may order the Tailgater and use it with their existing 211k receiver The receiver must be active with current production software to operate with the Tailgater
Anyone can install the Tailgater, no technician needed!
Can I run my Tailgater antenna, DISH receiver, and TV from my vehicle?
Yes, you can use an inverter to power your system from your vehicle’s DC power supply (12 V power outlet). If you plan to watch TV for more than a few hours, be sure to start and run your vehicle for a few minutes every hour. A portable power generator or alternative accessory battery may also be a better option for operating your system.
Will my Tailgater work during inclement weather?
Though rare, heavy rain, snow, or dense cloud cover can reduce the satellite signal, which may interrupt your programming. Your programming will return as conditions improve
Can I add DVR functionality (record and pause live TV) to my receiver?
Your receiver has a port on the back where you can attach a USB external hard drive, adding DVR functionality for a one-time service fee of $40.
How do I keep my Tailgater from being stolen?
To prevent theft, your Tailgater has a security bracket located at the bottom of the carry handle. Secure your Tailgater to a fixed object using a padlock and security cable (not included).
Convert Receiver To DVR
An external hard drive can be used to turn your model 211, 211k, and 411 receiver into a DVR.
Supported External Hard Drive Capacity
- Minimum 50GB Maximum 1TB External
Hard Drive Requirements
* Dedicated power supply
* USB 2.0 support
* Single-platter drive, no flash memory
Converting Your Receiver Into A DVR
1. Plug your external hard drives power supply into the electrical outlet nearest to your DISH Network receiver.
2. Connect your USB cable from your external hard drive to your receiver’s USB port. Make sure the external hard drive power supply is plugged in
3. If you are already a Dish Network subscriber call Dish Network and follow the prompts to activate the external hard drive functionality. A one-time setup fee of $40 will be added to your account.
4. Once activated, a message will appear on the TV screen asking to format the drive. This will permanently delete all content that is currently saved on the hard drive. Select Yes if you want to delete all of the content on the drive. Hard drives formatted for use with a DISH Network receiver should only be used with a compatible DISH Network receiver. If you connect your external hard drive to a non-DISH Network device and then reconnect it to your DISH Network receiver you will lose any programs saved to your external hard drive.
5. Once the drive has been formatted, your DISH Network receiver will reset. The receiver will download your guide information and become a DVR.
The Tailgater and Dish Networks ViP 211k HD Receiver makes the ultimate in portable HDTV! a perfect must have as a backup in situations where your roof mounted RV antenna won’t work because of line of sight blockages such as trees.