Solid Signal > Wire and Cable > VGA > Plugable UD-PRO8
To solve the inability of the Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows tablet (and more) to charge and connect external USB devices at the same time, we created the Plugable Pro8 docking station. When connected to our Pro8 dock, the dock simulates the signal of the stock charger needed to trigger the tablets charging cycle. It then flips the port over to host mode so devices can be used while the tablet continues to charge.
- Four USB 2.0 high speed ports (2 front, 2 rear) (Terminus Technology USB 2.0 hub chipset)
- DVI-I video output (DisplayLink DL-165 chipset) up to 1920×1080 (1080p) at 60Hz
- DVI to VGA & DVI to HDMI adapters included
- 10/100 RJ45 Ethernet network connection (ASIX AX88772A chipset)
- Front 3.5mm headphone/speaker output and microphone input (HDMI audio output not supported) (C-Media CM6300 chipset)
- 20 watt power adapter (100-240V 50/60Hz input, 5V 4A output)
- One USB Micro B to USB Micro B cable (for Dell Venue 8 Pro, Nextbook 8 (Win 8.1), Lenovo Miix 2 8″ charging and data connectivity)
- One USB Micro B to USB A cable (for standard USB port data connectivity to a laptop, etc)
Unlike other attempts at solutions on the market for the Dell Venue 8
Pro, our Pro8 dock will maintain charging no matter what order you
connect the USB cable or what power state the tablet is in. Hot-plugging
of the Pro8 is fully supported in any power state. If the tablet is
off, asleep, hibernated, rebooted, etc the dock will always maintain
charging and will always reconnect to USB (some tablets may have minor
limitations). There have been several do-it-yourself hacks but
none have been integrated into this kind of all-in one solution with
true plug and play functionality. We have created a truly hassle free
solution with no complicated procedures or compromises to tablet
charging rates. This is the ultimate all-in-one solution.
The Pro8 comes with a detachable USB Micro B to USB Micro B cable for
tablet connectivity and can also use a standard USB Micro B to USB A
cable (like the stock cable included with the tablet for charging) to
connect the docking station to any laptop or desktop computer for
maximum compatibility. So while it’s designed to work with micro-b
Windows tablets (and charges several of them), it can also work with any
Windows tablet or laptop.
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Plugable Pro8 Docking Station for Tablets (UD-PRO8)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!