Solid Signal > Wire & Cable > HDMI Accessories
4K displays have four times the number of pixels as a 1080P display. With this many pixels, best performance will be achieved when connecting the UGA-4KHDMI adapter to a USB 3.0 port on a PC, allowing SuperSpeed data-transfer rates of up to 5 gigabits per second between the computer and the adapter. The UGA-4KHDMI can be connected to a computers USB 2.0 port, though this is not recommended on displays above 1080P as performance will likely be sub-optimal.
- Highest performance USB graphics solution available.
- Combines both video and audio over a single USB cable and HDMI cable
- Connect multiple monitors with resolutions as high as 3840×2160 (4K) to Windows-based laptops or desktops (one adapter required per monitor)
- Connects to Windows PCs via SuperSpeed USB 3.0. USB bus powered (no power adapter required). Adapter is backwards compatible with USB 2.0, but in most cases performance above 1080P over USB 2.0 will be unsatisfactory
- Supports HDMI displays up to 3840×2160@30Hz. 3440×1440 displays will refresh at 50Hz. 2560×1600, 2560×1440, 1920×1080 (1080P) and all lower modes will refresh at 60Hz * Note: A “High-Speed” HDMI 1.4 compliant cable is required for proper operation at modes above 1080P *
- Supports Windows 10/8.1/8/7. Surface RT, Mac OS X, and Linux/Unix are not supported
The UGA-4KHDMI is completely bus powered, meaning that this device is a simple plug and play device, no additional power supply needed. Compatibility Intel Core i5 or AMD Llano 2GHz or better CPU recommended for productivity/web software at 4K. Single Intel HD 4000, AMD HD 7xxx, Nvidia 5xxM or better recommended for productivity/web software. Intel Core i7/AMD A10 2GHz+ and Intel HD 4000, AMD 8650, Nvidia 7xxM or better suggested for full-screen video playback. Full motion video playback, especially at modes at or above 1080P requires video playback software that supports GPU-acceleration, as well as a compatible primary graphics card and drivers. Does not support HDCP, and will not allow for playback of encrypted Bluray disks. Cannot be mixed with non-DisplayLink USB graphics adapters and drivers (e.g. MCT, j5, or SMSC).
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Plugable USB 3.0 4K HDMI Adapter for Multiple Monitors (UGA-4KHDMI)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!