Solid Signal > Wire & Cable > USB
To maximize network access speeds, select a USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Gigabit network adapter if your computer has a USB 3.0 port. USB 2.0 gigabit adapters are limited to maximum speeds of 480 Mbps by the USB 2.0 bus, while USB 3.0 bus allows the USB3-E1000 to realize the full potential of a Gigabit network, since it isn’t limited by the USB bus speed.
Testing in the Plugable lab using the iperf application on a local server have yielded speeds up to 890 Mbps. However real-world speeds around 400-600 Mbps are more realistic. When accessing sites on the internet, the bandwidth provided by your Internet service provider will likely determine your ultimate speeds.
- High performance packet transfer rate over USB bus using proprietary burst transfer mechanism (US Patent Approval).
- USB 3.0 male A to RJ45 female adapter supporting gigabit Ethernet at USB 3.0 speeds.
- Supports all USB 3.0 power saving modes (U0, U1, U2, and U3).
- Supports 10/100/1000 with auto-sensing (IEEE 802.3, 802.3u, and 802.3ab).
- IPv4/IPv6 checksum offload engine, crossover detection and auto-correction, TCP large send offload and IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet.
- Supports dynamic cable length detection and dynamic power adjustment Green Ethernet (Gigabit mode only).
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Plugable USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (USB3-E1000)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!