Home > Commercial Equipment > Headend Equipment > Drake VMM600
The R.L. Drake VMM600 Video Modulator System is a professional quality modular headend system designed to optimize rack space. Up to 12 VMM 600 and/or VMM 860 modulators can be racked alongside a single power supply in the Drake 12 position rack mount or up to 4 modulators can be racked in the 4 position rack mount. Either model is a high quality, fixed channel heterodyne audio/video modulator.
- Low Cost NTSC Modulator
- A/V Ratio: Audio Carrier -20 to -10 dB referenced to video carrier, adjustable
- Frequency Stability: ± 5 kHz (Visual Carrier)
- Intercarrier Frequency: 4.5 MHz
- FCC Frequency Offsets: All aeronautical channels are offset positive
- Spurious Outputs: -65 dBc, measured at -15 dB A/V ratio and with modulator output level of +45 dBmV
- Broadband Noise: -95 dBc (4MHz bandwidth, ±12MHz offset)
- Input Level for 87.5% modulation: 1 Vp-p ± 3 dB, manual gain adjustable with front panel control
- Input Impedance: 75 Ohms, return loss of 18 dB minimum
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 4.2 MHz, ± 1 dB
- Video S/N: 60 dB luminance weighted
- +45 dBmV Output: Adjustable from +30 to +45 dBmV
- Differential Gain: ± 3% (10 to 90% APL)
- Differential Phase: ± 3 degrees (10 to 90% APL)
- Input Level for 25 kHz Peak Deviation: 140 mV minimum. Manual gain adjustment with front panel control
- Input Impedance: 10K Ohms, unbalanced
- Pre-emphasis: 75 m Seconds (Defeatable via internal jumper for BTSC baseband compatibility)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 15 kHz, ± 1 dB referenced to 75 m Seconds preemphasis curve. (20 Hz to 100 kHz if pre -emphasis is defeated.)
- Intercarrier Stability: ± 5 kHz, 0° to 50° Celsius (32° to 122° Fahrenheit)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 1.0% maximum
- Hum and Noise: -60 dB minimum, referenced to 25 kHz peak deviation
- DC Power Input: +12 VDC @ 220 mA, +5 VDC @ 15 mA
- SAW Filtering for Superior Adjacent Channel Performance
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 50° Celsius (32° to 122° Fahrenheit), ambient.
- Dimensions: 3.5" Height x 1" Width x 7.5" Depth
- Weight: 10.7 ounces
- Front Panel Control of RF Output Level, A/V Ratio, and Video/Audio Modulation
- Complies with FCC Rules Part 76
- Rack Mount and Power Supply Sold Separately
- Frequency Selection: Set at the factory to one of the following channels: Cable Channels 1 through 86, 95 through 99, or UHF TV Channels 14 through 35
- Output Level: +45dBmV minimum, typically adjustable from +30 to +45 dBmV
- Output Impedance: 75 Ohms, return loss of 12 dB
The R.L. Drake VMM 600/VMM 860 Video Modulator System is a professional quality modular headend system designed to optimize rack space. Up to 12 VMM 600 and/or VMM 860 modulators can be racked alongside a single power supply in the Drake 12 position rack mount or up to 4 modulators can be racked in the 4 position rack mount. Either model is a high quality, fixed channel heterodyne audio/ video modulator.
The VMM 600 provides a modulated visual and RF carrier output on any single VHF channel 2-13; Lowband channel A8; Midband channel A-I and A5-A1; Superband channel J-W; Hyperband channel AA-ZZ and AAA-XXX (CATV 63-86) or UHF channel 14-35. Aeronautical channels are offset positive with a tolerance of ±5 kHz as required by FCC rules.
The modulators are designed to accept any standard audio/video source such as NTSC video and audio baseband signals from a satellite receiver, TV camera, videotape recorder, TV demodulator, or similar signal
The modulators accept standard (sync negative) polarity video at a 0.7 to 2.5 Vp-p level. All level controls are located on the front panel for ease of operation. Output level of +45 dBmV is typical and is adjustable from +30 to +45 dBmV.
Field-defeatable audio pre-emphasis enables passing of BTSC encoded standard baseband stereo audio signals. The Drake model MMTS20 stereo encoder may be used with the VMM when stereo audio is required.
Here are available downloads related to this product:
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Drake Digital Fixed Channel Modulator (VMM600)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!