Solid Signal > Satellite Equipment > Multiswitches and Signal Distribution > Zinwell WB616
Zinwell WB616 DIRECTV Wide Band 6x16 Multi-Switch (WB616)
No Reviews Available
Be the first to write one!
Supports DIRECTV AT9 wide-band Ka/Ku dish antenna which has a 250 - 2150 MHz output capability. WB616 is also compatible with all other DIRECTV dish antennas.
- The WB616 Has Been Discontinued and replaced with The WB616KIT
- Designed up to 16 Outputs for the Ka/Ku Dish Antenna
- Specifically Designed for the DirecTV AT9 KaKu 5 LNB HDTV Dish
- Reads Satellites Ka 99-103 and Ku 101 110 & 119
- Interface with new DIRECTV satellites such as 95 W and 72.5W
- Brand New Factory Packaged Product
- Dimensions: 10.5 in. x 2 in. x 7 in.
- Zinwell WB616 Wide Band 6x16 Multi-Switch
- The wideband 6x16 multi-switch (250 - 2150 MHz) is used for applications where the wideband 6x8 multi-switch, WB-68 (250 - 2150 MHz) or the narrowband 6x8 multi-switch SAM-6802 (950-1450 MHz) has been used.
- The FlexPorts can only be accessed with the APG (Advanced Program Guide) satellite receiver or the MPEG 4 capable HD receiver. The FlexPorts are used to interface with the dish antennas of two additional DIRECTV satellites at 95°W and 72.5°W(Warning: The FlexPorts cannot be used for any off-air signal, CATV signal, security camera.)
- With the APG satellite receiver, if you do not have any FlexPort connected, always use manual dish set option instead of “Auto Configure” to speed up the installation process.
- With the APG satellite receiver, if you have either 72.5°W or 95°W inputs, always use FlexPort 1. If you have both 72.5°W and 95°W inputs, use FlexPort 1 for 72.5°W and FlexPort 2 for 95°W. In multi APG IRD environment, you should run one auto configure at a time; and before auto-configuring is running make sure the other APG IRDs are on 101°W (Channel 100 is suggested). This will reduce system acquisition time and minimize error.
- WB616 can be cascaded up to 64 satellite receivers for 101°/110°/119°W LNBs. FlexPorts are not cascadable but you can connect 72.5°W and 95°W signals to the last multi-sw layers as shown in diagrams.
- The WB616 is active, powered only by an external AC/DC power module. There is no off-the-shelf equivalent multi-switch. The FlexPorts require selection codes unique to DIRECTV; other ports can be accessed with either tone/voltages or selection codes.
- Use RG-6 with solid-copper center conductor is required to reduce cable DC drop. Use RG-6 cables with proper exterior waterproof connectors, preferably mounting/orienting the 6x16 where it is shielded from rain. Use F connectors rated to at least 2150 MHz and minimize the number of F connections used to reduce reflection and signal strength drop.
- Important: Diplexing of the off-air signals shall not be used with BBC Module and MPEG4-capable HD receivers when connected to a Ka/Ku ODU, Since the Ka-Lo band of 250-750 MHz occupies that frequency band.
Here are available downloads related to this product:
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Zinwell WB616 DIRECTV Wide Band 6x16 Multi-Switch (WB616)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!