DIRECTV Terms and Conditions
|DIRECTV® Terms & Conditions
|The following lease terms apply for products that incorporate DIRECTV technology (contain a DIRECTV access card). By leasing DIRECTV equipment from DIRECTV through SOLID SIGNAL, you are indicating your express acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
1. As the lessee, you assume all responsibilities for the terms listed herein both as the lessee of the DIRECTV equipment and on behalf of the DIRECTV programming customer if he or she is different than you.
Activation of DIRECTV Receivers
2. Within 30 days of leasing, you will install and activate all DIRECTV Receivers (with enclosed access cards) leased at a residential, non-commercial dwelling within the Continental United States, at the physical address, and phone number provided at the time of the order.
3. Within 30 days you will activate DIRECTV service using the DIRECTV account number provided by SOLID SIGNAL (unless you are a current DIRECTV customer) for all DIRECTV receivers leased. Receipt of DIRECTV programming is subject to these Terms and the DIRECTV Customer Agreement; a copy is provided at DIRECTV.com and may be provided to you at the time of installation, and in your first billing statement.
4. If leasing from SOLID SIGNAL as a new DIRECTV customer you agree to activate the receiver(s) and access card(s) provided by SOLID SIGNAL as the primary receiver(s) and access card(s) on your DIRECTV account. In order to ensure the above occurs please make sure to activate a SOLID SIGNAL receiver and associated access card before any other receiver(s) or access card(s) you may have leased. Failure to do so may result in a breach of this agreement.
5. DIRECTV programming will be activated on each DIRECTV Receiver leased from SOLID SIGNAL within 30 days of receipt. Activation of a single receiver does not fulfill your obligations under this agreement if you have leased more than one receiver.
6. DIRECTV programming will be activated on each DIRECTV Receiver leased from SOLID SIGNAL using the original access card included in the equipment.
7. ACTIVATION OF PROGRAMMING MAY BE SUBJECT TO CREDIT APPROVAL AND REQUIRES VALID SERVICE ADDRESS, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND/OR MAJOR CREDIT CARD. DEPOSIT OR PRE-PAYMENT MAY BE REQUIRED. Failure to activate due to any of these conditions, does not relieve you of the obligation to activate the receivers.
8. The following applies to leasing by both new and existing DIRECTV customers:
a) You agree to activate (or upgrade if applicable for existing DIRECTV customers) to any DIRECTV TOTAL CHOICE® package ($41.99/mo. or above) or DIRECTV PARA TODOS package ($29.99/mo. or above) for (a) 1 year for standard receivers or (b) 24 consecutive months for DVR, High Definition, and High Definition DVR receivers or (c) the period determined in the terms and conditions of the DIRECTV Customer Agreement; a copy is provided at DIRECTV.com b) If you are an existing DIRECTV customer, this programming commitment will supercede any existing DIRECTV programming commitment on your existing DIRECTV account.
9. You are pre-authorizing SOLID SIGNAL to charge the credit card you used on the order with a one-time fee, as listed below, for each DIRECTV Receiver (access card) leased should you fail to fulfill the terms as listed herein, including but not limited to non-activation of receivers.
a) DIRECTV DVR & DIRECTV HD DVR Receivers: $350.00
b) All Other DIRECTV & DIRECTV HD Receivers $225.00
10. If you are a new, first-time DIRECTV customer, you are pre-authorizing SOLID SIGNAL to charge the credit card used on the order with a one-time, non-refundable fee, of $50.00 if you leased multiple receivers and do not activate all receivers on the same calendar date.
11. You are pre-authorizing SOLID SIGNAL to charge the credit card used on the order with a one-time, non-refundable fee, of $50.00 if your installation or activation is not successful due to your residence not having the required line of site to the Southern Sky. In addition to this fee, if the receivers are not returned within 10 days of the failed installation, then you further pre-authorize SOLID SIGNAL to charge the credit card used on the order with the fees described in paragraph 9 of this agreement.
12. You agree to pay SOLID SIGNAL any and all costs associated with the collection of fees detailed above, including those fee amounts, should the credit card entered have insufficient funds or be declined for any reason whatsoever.
13. You agree that any legal action brought in connection with the enforcement of this agreement will be done in Henrico County in the State of Michigan and in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan. You also agree that the prevailing party will be entitled to recover all expenses, including but not limited to, reasonable attorney fees and filing fees.
14. If you return the DIRECTV equipment under the standard SOLID SIGNAL Return Policy, where you also ordered Professional Installation, you may be liable for a non-refundable $50.00 trip fee to be deducted from the order total. This fee will come into effect if the installer comes to the physical location where the DIRECTV equipment is to be installed and cannot obtain a line of sight or if you do not agree to any fees that are required due to a NON-Standard installation as outlined in our Installation Agreement. If the order total was less than $50.00, then you pre-authorize SOLID SIGNAL to charge the credit card used on the order with the difference (non refundable) to be determined at the time of return processing. Shipping and handling charges are also NOT Refundable.
15. If you return the DIRECTV equipment under the standard SOLID SIGNAL Return Policy, where you also ordered Professional Installation, you will be liable for a one-time non-refundable $150.00 installation removal fee. This fee will come into affect if you cancel or return the order after the installation has been completed.
16. If you return the DIRECTV equipment without the original access card included, your potential return credit (order total less shipping and handling) will be affected in the following manner:
a) If the absent access card has not been activated you will be subject to a non-activation fee (see Potential Charges above).
b) If the absent access card has been activated, you will not be eligible for any return or refund. It is not necessary to activate the access card to determine or evaluate signal strength and/or picture quality.
Errors & Omissions
17. SOLID SIGNAL makes every effort to ensure that the information about our products and services provided on SOLID SIGNAL is accurate, complete, and current. Despite these efforts, there may be instances when information about a product contains inaccurate or incomplete data, including data about the products price, specifications or availability. SOLID SIGNAL makes no warranty or guarantee that the information on SOLID SIGNAL is error-free, complete, or current. SOLID SIGNAL reserves the right to correct errors and/or update the content on SOLID SIGNAL at any time without notice. SOLID SIGNAL also reserves the right to refuse or cancel any order containing any error or inaccuracy, including after the order has been submitted, whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your order is canceled after your payment has been processed, we will issue a full refund to the original payment type.