Solid Signal > Marine Equipment > Marine Weather Instruments > Kestrel 0855LVTAN
The world's most complete weather meter AND the world's most portable weather station. Lightweight, handheld, multi-function weather meter and data logger with large sunlight-readable graphing display and tripod vane mount option. The next generation of weather monitoring is the here with the Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter.
This Kestrel meter does it all. The Kestrel 5500 provides the same trusted accuracy, reliability, and usability as the original Kestrel 4500. Measure every environmental condition plus wind direction, crosswind and headwind/tailwind. Use it golfing, sailing, flying, spraying, shooting and more. Drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand extreme environments without damage, your Kestrel weather meter travels with you anywhere you dare to go. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel meter with you.
The Kestrel 5 Series platform adds many new features and options. If you're familiar with the Kestrel 4500, the first thing you'll notice is the larger, higher-resolution and contrast display and improved font readability. The Kestrel 5 series also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens and AA battery operation and offers optional LiNK iOS and Android wireless connectivity and app support.
In addition to measuring the current environmental conditions, the Kestrel 5500 tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data. Your data log can be transferred to a mobile device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and Kestrel LiNK app, or to a PC/MAC with either the accessory Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (available separately).
The true versatility of the Kestrel 5500 becomes apparent with the addition of the Kestrel Vane Mount. This precision engineered accessory securely mounts the Kestrel 5500 to any tripod or other ,-20 fitted bracket. Once mounted, the Kestrel 5500 becomes a full-featured weather station - with a large wind vane and precision pivot keeping the Kestrel oriented into the wind for continuous measurement and logging of wind speed, wind direction, and all other key weather parameters. The Kestrel LiNK app also displays the Kestrel's real-time readings on a vivid, customizable dashboard - providing a remote display that functions up to 200' away (line of sight). The ENTIRE Kestrel 5500 + Vane Mount kit weighs just 10.5 ounces / 295 grams and packs into the included padded belt carry pouch that is just 2.5 x 3 x 8.5 inches / 6.5 x 7.5 x 22 cm. Providing hundreds of hours of accurate measurements, the Kestrel 5500 is truly the world's most compact weather station. The Rotating Vane Mount is included with the 5500 with LiNK or available for purchase separately and works with any Kestrel 5 Series meter.
Kestrel LiNK for mobile Android and iOS apps put crucial information at your fingertips with real-time remote data viewing on phones and tablets up to 100' away. Kestrel LiNK also provides easy data export, threshold alerts and simple firmware updates.
LiNK wireless connectivity powered by Bluetooth Smart Robust, easy connectivity to both iOS and Android mobile devices as well as Windows and Mac computers. (Computers require optional Kestrel USB Dongle.)
USB Data Transfer Cable Low profile, lightweight, waterproof cable provides wired connectivity to Windows and Mac computers for fast data uploads and firmware updates. Compatible with every model in the Kestrel 5 Series. Sleek, rugged tripod vane mount Small, secure, robust vane mount turns any Kestrel 5 Series meter into a portable weather station that remains oriented into the wind. (Included in some models where noted, otherwise sold as optional accessory.)
Large, high contrast screen Easily readable text in almost any setting, including bright sunlight, with more visible information on the screen at all times. This high-resolution display is easy on the eyes, allowing you to get more information from customizable user screens, charting and graphing options without causing ey strain or fatigue.
Dual color backlight Toggle backlight color between standard white and night-vision-preserving red (NV). The red NV backlight features an optical wavelength selected to help users sustain natural night vision and reduced brightness to avoid detection during night maneuvers.
Secure battery door Large, O-ring sealed door provides easy, tool-free battery access.
Scratch and breakage-resistant window Rigid, polycarbonate lens with scratch-coating protects the display from damage.
Corrosion-resistant battery compartment Battery is isolated from electronics, reducing damage in the event of a battery leak. (Note - Lithium AA batteries strongly recommended to avoid battery leakage altogether.)
Intuitive user-interface Icon-based navigation, intuitive keypad, and multiple languages make the Kestrel a breeze to use.
- Measures wind speed, temperature, humidity, pressure and direction.
- 14 total meteorological parameters measured, calculated and displayed real-time and stored in memory, including advanced meteorological measurements such as dew point temperature, wet bulb temperature and density altitude
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for nighttime use
- Optional Link connectivity powered by Bluetooth Smart provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats
- This unit can measure: Altitude, Barometric Pressure, Crosswind, Density Altitude, Dew Point Temperature, Direction (Wind Direction and Orientation), Headwind/Tailwind, Heat Stress Index, Relative Humidity, Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure), Temperature, Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric), Wind Chill, Wind Speed
- Compatible with: Kestrel LiNK for Windows & Mac, Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable, Download your data to view, analyze and archive, Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 Series
- Includes: Neck Lanyard, AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours), Protective Drawstring Pouch, Certificate
Here are available downloads related to this product:
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Kestrel 5500 Pocket Weather Meter with Link Vane Mount (0855LVTAN)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!