Solid Signal > Satellite Equipment > Satellite Accessories > King 1830-SP-2PK
Add a protective layer of Dome Magic to your mobile satellite antenna and overcome satellite signal loss due to rain, dew and snow forming on the dish cover.
- Single application of Rain Shield should last 6-12 months depending on exposure to the elements
- Works best when applied in temperatures between 60° and 110°F
(16° and 45°C)
- Protective Rain Shield coat prevents rain, dew, and snow from collecting on dome surfaces
- Rain Shield is developed by the manufacturers of SeaKing and KingDome in-motion satellite reception systems for use in marine and recreational vehicle applications
Directions for use
• Apply only when air temperature is between 60 and 110
• Clean the dome with warm soapy water to remove
all dirt, dust and other debris.
• Rinse dome and dry thoroughly.
Wipe dome with alcohol and let dry to prepare the surface.
• Open foil
packet and remove wipe cloth.
• Pour excess liquid from foil packet
onto the wipe cloth.
• Starting at the top, wipe dome surface with the
saturated wipe cloth using a circular motion to apply a
uniform coat throughout.
• Wash hands
with soap and water.
Satellite Signal Rain Fade - Causes
Even the most reliable
satellite communications technology can sometimes be out-matched by the forces
of nature. It’s a phenomenon known as “rain fade” or “rain attenuation” – a
weakening of the satellite signal as it passes through
Rain fade is one of the most common, and often
most misunderstood, phenomena to affect satellite signals. But the more you
learn about the causes of rain fade, the better your chances are to lessen its
impact on your satellite system. Rain-fade is not service provider dependent,
DIRECTV and Dish Network equipment are equally susceptible to the effects of
signal loss due to rain-fade.
of Satellite Rain Fade
Any satellite communications system
network operator using a Ku-Band system (12/14 GHz or higher frequencies) will
face the effects of rain fade at some time. But to understand why this
weakening occurs with Ku-Band transmissions, you must first understand the
causes of satellite rain fade. Two of the most common causes are listed below.
• Absorption – Part or all of the
energy generated when a radio wave strikes a rain droplet. The droplet is
converted to heat energy and absorbed by the
– A non-uniform transmission medium (the raindrops in the atmosphere) causes
energy to be
dispersed from its initial travel direction.
Scattering can be caused by either refraction or
– The refractive index of the water droplets encountered by the radio wave.
• Diffraction – the travel direction
of the radio wave also changes as it propagates around the obstacle in its
path (a water droplet).
different reactions ultimately have the same effect – they cause any satellite
system to lose some of its normal signal level. Don’t expect to lose your
satellite signal every time it rains, though. Rain outage will only occur
during the heaviest rains (convective and stratiform are the most predominant
types) with only a small portion of the transmission path experiencing
attenuation. In fact, of a typical satellite transmission path measuring 22,300
miles, less than .02% will be affected by rain fade.
Impact of Satellite Rain Fade
Rain rate is the most common
factor used to determine rain fade. Rain fade seems to correlate very closely
with the volume of raindrops (expressed in cubic wavelengths) along the path of
propagation. This is opposed to the common misconception that the degree of
attenuation is proportional to the quantity or individual size of the raindrops
falling near the receive site.
Pinpointing the specific
factor that lead to attenuation is essential to accurately predicting the
problem. Models can be developed from this data to chart the effects of rain
fade on a regional or individual site basis.
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Dome Magic Rain Fade Solution Wipe - 2 Pack (1830-SP)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!