Solid Signal > Tools and Installer Supplies > Test Equipment > Hobbes 256712A
The Tone Generator is a highly practical network installation and troubleshooting tool. The signal, emitted by the Tone Generator can be easily traced by the Probe, even when cables are in a bundle or hidden in a mess of punch down blocks or wall plates. The Tone Generator & Probe can be used to verify cable continuity, identify wiring faults, determine line polarity and voltage in a network and modular telephone line.
The Probe is equipped with a tone amplifier and an LED indicator that detects audible frequency tones for accurate tracking and identification of wires. It’s plastic conductive tip prevents shorting of expensive telecom and network equipment.
- Traces and identifies wires or cable in a bundle or group without damaging cable insulation
- Features special inductive plastic tip, which prevents accidental shorts when using near high voltage devices
- Compatibe with all existing tone generators in the market
- Has power switch to prevent battery drain
- Includes black and red Alligator clips and standard RJ-11 plug to test individual wire or RJ-11 jack
- 3 color LED indicator display for telephone line polarity, continuity and voltage testing
- Power supply and life: 9 Volt DC power battery
- Power switch: Manual power on/off switch
- Dimensions: 205 x 35 x 33.5mm
- Weight: 100g
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Hobbes Tone Generator and Probe Kit Analogy Cable Tracker (256712A)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!