Solid Signal > Tools and Installer Supplies > Test Equipment > Hobbes 257135
Hobbes Innovation's Fiber Meter (850/1300) Optical Power Meter is primarily used for checking the signal output power of the optical communication equipment in fiber optical networks. It measures the average power of a continuous light beam which emits from the equipment or other optic sources. It measures power in 850nm/1300nm (multi–mode).
The Power Meter consists of a solid-state InGas photodiode, signal power measurement circuitry, and a 2 digit LED display. Users just connect a fiber cable between the transmission port of the equipment and the universal interface on the meter, or they can connect to another light source. The product will show the exact amount of the received power value (in–dBm). The test ranges are 30dBm to –15dBm in wavelength 850nm/1300nm and –30dBm to –6Bm in wavelength 1310nm/1550nm.
The universal connector can be used for all the most common fiber interfaces such as ST/SC/FC/FDDA and it also suitable to test both single–mode and multi–mode cables. With an optional 2.5mm to 1.25mm adapter, users can even test for 1.25 fiber cables. It can operate in coordination with Hobbes’s opti source or most other fiber LD light source to be a complete fiber measurement kit.
- Checks the signal output power of optical communication equipment in fiber optical networks
- Shows the exact amount of the received power value (in–dBm)
- Composed of a solid-state InGas photodiode, signal power measurement circuitry, and a 2 digit LED display
- Dimensions: 5.5" x 1.16" x 0.86"
- With self-calibrated ZERO function
- Automatic wavelength switching
- Optional adapter to test both 2.5mm/1.25mm fiber cables
- 1000 data item storing and uploading
- Pass/fail indication by user-defined threshold
- Battery low indicator and auto power shut off options
- Sensor type: InGaAs
- Wavelength: 850nm, 1300nm, 1310nm, 1490nm, 1550nm and 1625nm
- Dynamic range: +3 to –60dBm
- Accuracy: ±0.15dB±1nw@1300nm/1310nm/1490nm/1550nm; ±0.25dB±1nw@850nm/1625nm
- Resolution: 0.01dBm
- Unit: dBm, Watt, dB
- Fiber connector: interchangeable adaptor for FC, ST and SC
- Battery: AA battery x 4 (6V)
- Dimension: 202.8 x 107 x 64.5mm
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Hobbes Fiber Meter 850/1300 Multi-Mode Optical Power Meter (257135)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!