Solid Signal > Tools and Installer Supplies > Test Equipment > Hobbes 258010
Hobbes FIBERID Optical Active Fiber Identifier (258010)
No Reviews Available
Be the first to write one!
Availability: Usually Ships Same Day
Your Price: $66999
List Price: $679.99
The FIBERID is a lightweight, rugged, easy–to–use installation and maintenance instrument designed for fast, accurate identification and traffic testing of optical signals without cutting the fiber cable or interrupting service.
Hobbes’ new FIBERID provides the functionalities required to detect and identify the direction of propagation of an in fiber signal to a sensitivity level of –40dBm at 1550nm. The clever shielding design to diminish light leakage, and maintain the power value accuracy. The identifier is designed to detect an active fiber, identify traffic direction, and measures the power transmitted through the fibers without disconnect it. Also, it uses a safe and reliable macro–bending technique that does not disrupt traffic, nor damage or overstresses the fiber.
During installing, maintenance or troubleshooting fiber work system, the FIBERID often necessary to isolate a specific fiber from a bundle without disrupting service, by simple clamping the FIBERID onto a fiber, the unit will indicate if there is no signal at 270Hz, 1KHz, 2KHz, or traffic and show signal direction, it also can measure and displays fiber core power or relative power on the LCD display, when trace the fiber cables, it can detect the optical tones, which provide by any Hobbes’ item of OPTISource series, too. The FIBERID is simple and reliable to use with one hand, just need to operate with the battery, and will enhance the performance of your staff.
- High efficiency live fiber and dark fiber test tool
- Contains movable shielding design to diminish light leakage and maintain power value accuracy
- Provides continuous signal power display
- Has a low battery indicator
- Lightweight compact deisign is ideal for on the job
- Accepted fiber types: 8–10um, 250um, 900um, 2mm and 3mm
- Wavelength: 800-1700nm
- Fiber Type: 8 to 10um, 250um, 900um, 2mm and 3mm
- Display Type: LCD
- Tone Recognition: 270Hz, 1kHz, and 2kHz
- Power Range (dBm): 20 to -40 (1550nm)
- Power Measuring Repeatability: +/-1dB
- Insertion Loss: <1dB@1310nm, <2.5dB@1550nm
- Power Measure Unit: dBm, dB
- Battery: 9V battery
- Power Consumption: Operating current is 9mA when backlight is off, operating current is 32mA when backlight is on
- Operating Temperature: 0 - 50 Degrees C
- Storage Temperature: -25 - +60 Degrees C
- Realtive Humidity: 90%
Here are available downloads related to this product:
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Hobbes FIBERID Optical Active Fiber Identifier (258010)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!