Solid Signal > GPS Navigation > Handheld GPS > Garmin GPSMAP62STC
Garmin Handheld GPS Navigator (GPSMAP62STC)
No Reviews Available
Be the first to write one!
The GPSMAP 62stc handheld navigator features a 3-axis tilt-compensated compass, a barometric altimeter, 5 megapixel autofocus camera with photo navigation, preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K maps and supports custom maps and BirdsEye™ Satellite imagery (subscription required). Rugged and waterproof, GPSMAP 62stc employs a quad helix antenna for unparalleled reception, has a high-speed USB connection, a sleek new design and connects wirelessly to compatible Garmin handhelds.
- The GPSMAP 62stc comes preloaded with TOPO 100K, which includes coverage of the full U.S., including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico, and a worldwide basemap with shaded relief — all the tools for serious climbing or hiking. Map detail includes national, state and local parks and forests, along with terrain contours, elevation information, trails, rivers, lakes and points of interest.
- GPSMAP 62stc has a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which shows your heading even when you’re standing still, without holding it level. Its barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you can even use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
- With GPSMAP 62stc, you can share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin device users. So now your friends can also enjoy your favorite hike or cache — simply press “send” to transfer your information to similar units, and let the games begin.
- With GPSMAP 62stcs built-in 5 megapixel autofocus camera, youll be able to capture the highlights of your outings. Each photo is automatically geotagged with the location of where it was taken, allowing you – or those you share your photos with – to easily navigate back to that spot in the future.
- With its quad helix antenna and high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix® satellite prediction, GPSMAP 62stc locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons. The advantage is clear — whether you’re in deep woods or just near tall buildings and trees, you can count on GPSMAP 62stc to help you find your way when you need it the most.
- Adding more maps is easy with Garmins wide array of detailed topographic, marine and road maps. With 3.5 GB of onboard memory, GPSMAP 62stc lets you conveniently download TOPO U.S. 24K maps and hit the trail, plug in BlueChart® g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water or City Navigator NT® map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads (see maps tab for compatible maps). GPSMAP 62stc also supports BirdsEye™ Satellite Imagery (subscription required), that lets you download satellite images to your device and integrate them with your maps. In addition, the 62stc is compatible with Custom Maps, free software that transforms paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps for your device.
- Youve been busy exploring and now you want to store and analyze your activities. With a simple connection to your computer and to the Internet, you can get a detailed analysis of your activities and send tracks to your outdoor device using Garmin Connect™. This one-stop site offers an activity table and allows you to view your activities on a map using Google™ Earth. Explore other routes uploaded by millions of Garmin Connect users and share your experiences on Twitter® and Facebook®. Getting started is easy, so get out there, explore, and share.
- GPSMAP 62stc supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit. The device stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs! Simply upload the GPX file to your unit and start hunting for caches. Slim and lightweight, 62stc is the perfect companion for all your outdoor pursuits. Visit OpenCaching.com to start your geocaching adventure.
- Take charge of your next adventure with BaseCamp™, software that lets you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks. This free trip-planning software even allows you to create Garmin Adventures that you can share with friends, family or fellow explorers. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including contour lines and elevation profiles. It also can transfer an unlimited amount of satellite images to your device when paired with a BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription.
Physical & Performance:
Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 2.4" x 6.3" x 1.4" (6.1 x 16.0 x 3.6 cm)
Display size, WxH: 1.43" x 2.15" (3.6 x 5.5 cm); 2.6" diag (6.6 cm)
Display resolution, WxH: 160 x 240 pixels
Display type: transflective, 65-K color TFT
Battery: 2 AA NiMH batteries (included)
Battery life: 16 hours (2 AA batteries)
Waterproof: yes (IPX7)
High-sensitivity receiver: yes
Interface: high-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
Maps and Memory:
Preloaded maps: yes (topographic)
Ability to add maps: yes
Built-in memory: 3.5 GB
Accepts data cards: microSD™ card (not included)
Track log: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
Features and Benefits:
Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads): yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
Electronic compass: yes (tilt-compensated, 3-axis)
Barometric altimeter: yes
Camera: yes (5 megapixel with autofocus; automatic geo-tagging)
Geocaching-friendly: yes (paperless)
Custom maps compatible: yes
Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos): yes
Outdoor GPS games: no
Hunt/fish calendar: yes
Sun and moon information: yes
Tide tables: yes
Area calculation: yes
Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): yes
Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): yes
Picture viewer: yes
Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): yes
Here are available downloads related to this product:
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Garmin Handheld GPS Navigator (GPSMAP62STC)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!