Solid Signal > Marine Equipment > Marine GPS and Navigation > Furuno SC70
The SC70 is the latest satellite compass built on FURUNO’s commercial-grade technology platform. These satellite compasses prove their value by increasing the accuracy of other devices, such as Radar, ARPA, Scanning Sonar, Current Indicator, Chart Plotter, ECDIS, and Autopilots. They provide a highly accurate heading input to these other technologies by utilizing the very latest GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System). This satellite system is comprised of GPS, Galileo, and GLONASS to ensure the highest precision and a continuous coverage.
The SC70 provides a variety of data, including GPS Positioning, SOG (Speed Over Ground), COG (Course Over Ground), ROT (Rate Of Turn) and 3-axis speed (bow, stern and longitudinal). All of these data assist with critical maneuvers, such as berthing. The compasses is maintenance free - a great asset for any vessel.
- Provides highly accurate heading data of 0.4° for autopilot, Radar, ARPA, Scanning Sonar, Current
- Indicator, Chart Plotter, ECDIS and Autopilots
- Ideal for small to medium boats requiring highly accurate heading
- Utilizes GNSS such as GPS, Galileo and GLONASS for high Precision
- SBAS compatible (EGNOS,WAAS,MSAS)
- Provide precise data for SOG, COG, ROT and L/L
- Eliminating the problem of not having enough satellites at hand by using multiple types of satellites
- Speed on 3 axis (bow, stern and longitudinal) for safe navigating and berthing
- IMO Type-approved as THD, GPS and ROTI. Complying with the IEC, ISO requirements
- Easily integrated into the existing shipboard network via Ethernet
- Rapid follow-up rate 40°/s (twice the IMO high speed craft requirement, 20°/s)
- Maintenance free and no recurring cost as there are no mechanical parts
- Super short starting time - 90 seconds
- Once the power is on, it takes about 90 seconds to start (the starting time will slightly differ depending on the equipment location)
- Easy to retrofit by using existing antenna cabling for SC-50/55/60/110/120. (The LAN_CNV option kit is necessary)
- Precision pitch/roll data in Analog and Digital formats for vessel stabilization, Sonar, etc.
Here are available downloads related to this product:
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Furuno Three-Axis Satellite Compass for Small to Medium Boats (SC70)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!