Solid Signal > Commercial Equipment > Transcoders > Blonder Tongue AQT8-QAM
AQT8-QAM/IP (8x8VSB/QAM to QAM/IP) allows the user to create a line up from off-air and/or cable feeds for coax or IP distribution. The unit simultaneously transcodes eight QAM/8VSB input channels to 8 QAM and 8 IP transport streams. For clear QAM and 8VSB inputs, the unique MPEG tables associated with all programs contained in the RF inputs are transferred to both the QAM and IP outputs. This means the virtual output channel numbers, names, program information, etc. on the QAM and IP outputs are the same as their RF input sources. User settings designed for MSO applications permit encrypted QAM input(s) to pass all stream packets to the AQT8-QAM outputs for total conditional access transparency.
The transcoder features Emergency Alert System (EAS) programs switching through either an ASI or IP format EAS input and terminal block contracts for triggering. When EAS is invoked, all QAM and IP output programs from 8VSB or clear QAM inputs are interrupted to display the EAS message. The outputs derived from encrypted QAM input channels do not support EAS from the transcoder. Comprehensive remote monitoring and control is accomplished using any standard web browser via a rear-panel 10/100BaseT Ethernet connection.
- Accepts up to eight 8VSB or QAM channel inputs
- Provides a combination of eight SPTS or MPTS via one GigE RJ45 port
- Maps QAM/8VSB input programs directly to QAM output channels
- Provides comprehensive GUI-based monitoring and control via standard Web browsers
- Supports Closed Captioning EIA-608 and EIA-708 when embedded in RF input(s)
- Accepts EAS input in ASI or IP formats (IP delivered services only)
- Provides in-service monitoring of selected input/output ports via RF Test connector and ASI output
Product Reviews for Blonder Tongue ATSC-QAM Transcoder (AQT8-QAM)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!