Solid Signal > Marine Equipment > Marine GPS and Navigation > Furuno BBDS1
This is a new network fish finder for NavNet 3D and NavNet TZtouch that features a bottom discrimination function, as well as the FDF (Furuno Digital Filter) capability of the DFF1. This module determines the bottom structure and separates them into the following categories: mud, sand, gravel, and rock. This is achieved by analyzing echo characteristics from the bottom components such as particle size and hardness. Connect the sounder to your NavNet 3D or NavNet TZtouch network and get ready for your NavNet system to provide you with valuable information to locate rich fishing grounds, boosting your catch. This unit is not designed to work with NavNet-1 or VX2 models.
There are two bottom discrimination display modes to select from, Standard Mode and Probability Mode. In Standard Mode, the most probable materials on the bottom (mud, sand, gravel or rock) are indicated in either graphic mode or a 4-color bar on the bottom of the display. Because bottom material can change frequently and can sometimes be difficult to identify, Probability Mode shows you what material the bottom has the greatest chance of consisting of by displaying the possible bottom materials proportionally within the 4-color bar. An appropriate transducer is required (sold separately).
Required conditions for Bottom Discrimination
- 5-100 m detection range
- 0-10 kn boat speed
- Thru-hull or transom mount only for transducer mounting
- v2.06 or later MFD8/12/BB software
- Selectable output power of 600W or 1kW
- Audio and visual alarms for water depth, fish echoes and water temperature
- Selectable automatic cruising or fishing modes to suit your style of boating
- Automatic function for detecting fish and bottom in both shallow and deep water
- White line feature helps discriminate fish lying near the bottom
- Bottom lock, bottom zoom, bottom discrimination, marker zoom, and A-scope modes
W or 1 kW
separately (10 pin plug
transducer required for Bottom Discrimination mode (do not use in-hull
Thru Water (sensor required)
x 8.6”W x 3.5”H
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Furuno Black Box Bottom Discriminating Fishfinder Sounder Module (BBDS1)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!