The Digital to Analog Processor (DAP) is a complete single channel solution for delivering digital television programming over existing analog networks. The DAP is a perfect transition unit for existing analog processors to ensure uninterrupted delivery of off-air signals from new digital broadcast sources.
The DAP permits operators the ability to embrace the approaching FCC mandated February 17, 2009 digital transition deadline and ensure uninterrupted delivery of off-air programming to subscribers. By deploying the DAP now an operator can immediately take advantage of the superior quality digital off-air broadcast transmissions that are currently available. The unit supports the decoding of all 18 ATSC (Advanced Televisions Systems Committee) standard formats including 8VSB as well as Annex B QAM 64 & QAM 256 signals.
- Agile Broadcast (UHF, VHF) and CATV (Standard, HRC, and IRC) channel assignments in the 54-864 MHz range
- Supports EAS (Emergency Alert System) input which can also be used as an IF (Intermediate Frequency) input
- Automated scanning captures all available off-air or cable programs present on the input signal
- Supports both the Primary and the SAP (Secondary Audio Program) audio programs
- Output power level range of +50 to +62 dBmV adjustable in 0.2 dB increments
- Supports Closed Captioning (EIA-608)
Decodes HDTV or SDTV Digital Signals and Modulates to Analog for Transmission to Traditional Televisions
Accepts All ATSC Digital Input Standards, 8VSB, 64 QAM, 256 QAM
Outputs All Broadcast and CATV Channel Assignments in the 54-864 MHz Range
Remotely Configure All DAPs in a Headend with Optional Remote Network Card in One DAP Unit
Perfect Digital Transition Solution to Offer Analog Versions from Digital Sources
Here are available downloads related to this product: