Solid Signal > Marine Equipment > Marine Radios and Accessories > Standard Horizon GX1600W
Standard Horizon Explorer VHF Ultra Compact Class D White (GX1600W)
Brand: Standard Horizon
No Reviews Available
Be the first to write one!
Availability: Usually Ships Same Day
Your Price: $15999
List Price: $299.99
With the white GX1600W Explorer VHF Ultra Compact Class D mounting a VHF radio has never been easier. The Explorer GX1600 has an ultra thin and compact rear case, only 3.5" in depth or half the depth of comparable VHF radios on the market. The rear case design also gives flexibility when flush mounting the radio in tight areas or bracket mounting the radio by taking up less dash space, and allowing more mounting options. The GX1600 has been designed to meet the NEW ITU-R M493-13 Class D DSC regulations with a dedicated channel 70 receiver that continuously watches for DSC calls. The GX1600S has the ability to accept a RAM3 Remote Access Microphone allowing full control of all radio and DSC functions from a second station. Additional features include, oversized full dot matrix display, user selectable Programmable Scan, Dual Watch, Ch16 Priority Scan, user changeable channel names, NOAA weather with alert, dedicated preset channel and a dedicated CH16/9 keys and 3 programmable soft keys. The microphone also has dedicated 16/9 and H/L keys, channel selection keys and uses ClearVoice noise reduction technology which reduces wind and engine noise when transmitting. Another unique feature of the GX1600 is the ability to "poll" (request and send) the GPS location of another vessel and show that vessel's position on the radio's display. Connecting a compatible GPS chart plotter will allow the GX1600 to repeat your position, SOG, COG and time on the full dot matrix display. The GX1600 is backed by an industry leading 3-year manufacturer's waterproof warranty.
- Ultra thin and compact rear case design (3.5" depth), Meets ITU-R M493-13 Class D DSC (Digital Selective Calling) with Individual, All ship, Position Report, Request and Distress
- Navigation to a DSC Distress Call with compass page, Automatically poll the GPS position of up to 4 ships using DSC, Enter, Save, and Navigation to waypoint with Compass page
- GPS Compass display, Navigation (LAT/LON, SOG, and COG) information shown on display
- Submersible JIS-8 1.5M (4.92Ft) for 30 minutes, Noise canceling microphone with channel UP/DOWN, 16/9 and H/L keys
- NOAA weather channel selection with alert
- Programmable Scan, Priority Scan, and Dual Watch, GPS repeating of position, SOG, COG and time
- Customizable channel names, Oversized dot matrix display
- NMEA Input and Output, Programmable soft keys
- Capable of connecting to a Second Station CMP30 Remote Access Microphone, Die-cast chassis
- 3-year manufacturer's waterproof warranty
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Standard Horizon Explorer VHF Ultra Compact Class D White (GX1600W)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!