Solid Signal > Marine Equipment > Marine Radios and Accessories > Standard Horizon GX5500S
QUANTUM Series - GX5500s: Commercial grade ITU Class D VHF with alphanumeric keypad and 30W PA/hailer with Listen back. With the optional BTK-2, kit (includes BH-2 headset, BU-1 Bluetooth unit and CAB-2 charger) the GX5500S becomes hands free and can be used up to 30 Feet away. Alphanumeric Key Pad. The keypad allows quick access to most often used functions, input of DSC names and position and direct entry of channels. Commercial ITU Class D VHF: The GX5500S meets the international requirements for Class D with a separate Channel 70 receiver, which allows DSC calls to be received even when listening to traffic on Marine VHF channels. The DSC DISTRESS function when activated transmits a digital MAYDAY including vessel identification, Latitude / Longitude and time (with GPS connected), to facilitate prompt response. Additional calls that can be made are Individual, Urgency and Safety.
80dB Rejection: Advanced receiver technology rejects the reception of unwanted signals from pagers and other unwanted VHF frequencies. Audio Tone Control: This unique feature allows the treble and bass of the speaker audio to be adjusted for best listening. The effect is similar to adjusting the treble and bass controls on a stereo. Oversized Knobs and Scanning: Radio operation and channel selection is made easy (even with gloves) with the oversized volume, squelch and channel selector knobs. The GX5500S has Dual Watch, which scans a selected channel and ch16 simultaneously allowing you to monitor a channel and not miss calls made on ch16. Programmable Scan and Priority Scan features are user programmable.
30w PA and Fog signaling: The GX5500S includes a 30W Loud Hailer with Fog signals; Bells and Whistles with listen back. For added benefit, the last selected VHF channel is can be heard when in the PA or Fog mode. Plug and Play Front or Rear Panel Mic: The standard hand microphone has a built in speaker and uses Noise canceling technology called Clear Voice for unsurpassed communications even in the noisiest environments. This microphone also has the capability to directly switch between channels 16 and 9, change channels with the large UP/Down keys and can be removed for storage. The microphone may be remoted with the MEK-4 extension kit for custom installations. The MEK-4 contains 20Ft or routing cable, Stainless Steel panel mount and screws.
2 Remote Stations: All of the features of the main radio can be accessed through the optional RAM+ speaker microphone (CMP25) or VH-310 telephone style handset (2 connections) With a RAM+ or VH-310 connected, the GX5500S becomes an intercom system allowing two way private communications. 3-Year Waterproof Warranty: If the GX5500S fails for any reason (including water damage) during normal use for the first 3 years of ownership, STANDARD HORIZON will repair or replace it free, without hassles or charges. If it fails for anytime thereafter-in normal use, for as long as the original purchaser owns the radio, STANDARD Horizon's Lifetime Flat Rate and Customer Loyalty Service Programs will cover it.
- Bluetooth Headset capable
- 30 Watt PA/Loud Hailer with preprogrammed fog signals and listen back, Bass and Treble tone control
- IUT-R M493-12 VHF with commercial grade 80dB receiver
- Full dot matrix LCD display
- Submersible JIS-7 / IPX7 (3.3 feet for 30 minutes)
- Independent Channel 70 receiver built-in for continuous DSC watch, LAT/LON, SOG and COG shown on display when connected to GPS
- Removable Clear Voice noise canceling speaker mic with channel selection and 16/9 key
- Front-panel speaker microphone can be relocated to rear panel using optional MEK-4
- Versatile user-programmable scanning, priority scan and Dual Watch
- One-button access to Channel 16 and 9, Large rotary knobs and oversized display
- Capable of connecting to RAM3 or VH-310 second station optional Remote Access Mic, Intercom between radio and second station microphone
- Overall Dimensions: 3.5"H x 9.1"W x 5.9"D, Flush Mount Cutout: 2.8"H x 8.1"W
- 3-Year Waterproof Manufacturer Warranty, Optional Bluetooth wireless headset Kit (BTK-2) with PTT or VOX
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Standard Horizon Quantum Fixed Mount VHF Black (GX5500S)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!