The Hot Link XL IR Remote Extender is perfect for controlling audio/video equipment that is located in a separate room from your TV. As a specialized version of the popular Hot Link Pro, this system offers extended IR signal range up to 200 feet (rather than only 70 feet). It's great for remotely controlling DVD players, cable receivers, DVRs and other home theater equipment - without going from one room to the other! How It Works: The Hot Link XL system extends the range of your remote controls' IR signals by enhancing IR sensitivity for the receiving devices. The small, slim IR receiver eye and the repeater box mount near your TV, while the included power entry box and IR emitters mount near your A/V components. Because the XL system features a built-in Cat5 jumper with RJ45 jacks, the receiver and repeater can be connected long-distance using Cat5 cable (sold separately). With four times the sensitivity of standard IR receivers, the eye receiver senses even the weakest IR remote control signals, and then routes them to the repeater. The repeater transmits the signal to the emitter box and through the appropriate connected IR emitter, which then transmits a new IR signal to the A/V device. The IR receiver eye is designed for flexible mounting out of sight. Place it wherever is most convenient - behind door slots, speaker grills, cabinets or wallplates, or under toe kicks or subwoofers.
- Controls gear up to 200ft away through CAT-5 with all the features of Hot Link Pro(TM)
- Routes IR signals to out-of-sight equipment
- Enhanced remote performance for multiple A/V components
- Slim design, side sensors & 6ft sensor cable for flexible positioning
- Includes 6 LED emitters for up to 6 A/V components, expandable to 24
- Receiver eye works with virtually all A/V components & can be mounted out of sight
- Includes power supply, main amp box & remote emitter/power entry box, 6 emitters & hypersensitive receiver eye