When is filter needed?
Filter is needed when ALL of these conditions exist:
- Locals from 72 or International from 95
- Receiver is: RCA DTC210, Samsung SIR-TS360, Samsung SIR-300W
- AND, it gets programming from 119 (such as Para Todos or Chinese)
For filter, programming must be from 72 or 95, as well as119. Otherwise, filter not needed.
Why is filter needed?
- When you get High Def, or if you get any channels from the 119, it means you have a 6x8 multi-switch with your 72 or 95 service.
- The currents from a 6x8 multi-switch could fluctuate. The filter modulates the currents so your programming is always properly transmitted to your receiver.
Attaching or tightening cable and filter:
After confirming filter is needed, check if its attached:
- The filter is about the diameter of a quarter and about 1 ½ inch in length. It is silver.
- Its attached directly to SAT-IN jack.
- Filter is hot to touch. This is normal.
- The cable from the dish fits into the filter