Solid Signal > Tools and Installer Supplies > RF Filters > Olson Technology OTOA-1000
Optical attenuators are used normally at optical receivers to adjust for the optimum optical input power level to ensure proper operating parameters of the receiver. Both fixed (connectorized) attenuator and variable (step) attenuators are available. Step attenuators like the OTOA-1000 operate on the principle of putting a “microbend” in the optical cable allowing some light to escape the cladding, resulting in some light loss or attenuation. The OTOT-1000 has a combination of 1, 2, and 4 dB loops that when combined, can provide from 1 to 7 dB of attenuation in standard 3 mm singlemode optical cable at 1310 nm. Other cable or wavelengths may result in different attenuation characteristics.
- Low-cost method for adding step-variable optical attenuation without interrupting connections
- Passive device intentionally induces macrobend losses around a series of restrictive curvatures
- Combination of 1dB, 2dB & 4dB loops provides step-variable attenuation from 1dB thru 7dB*
- Built-in strain-relief mechanism minimizes changes in attenuation over time and temperature
- Ideally suited for singlemode 1310nm applications, including:
- Reduction of the optical signal at the receiver to attain the “sweet spot”
- CATV/HFC video & high speed data distribution networks
- Laboratory testing
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Olson Technology OTOA-1000 Step Optical Attenuators (OTOA-1000)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!