Solid Signal > Commercial Equipment > Video Distribution > Hall Research UHBX-P1
This extender kit from Hall Research that utilizes HDBaseT™ technology can send HDMI, IR, bi-directional RS-232, and PoH (Power-over-HDBaseT™) to 500 feet (150 m) on a single Cat6 cable. The extender uses only one +5v power supply, internally creates 48v PoH and complies with the IEEE 802.3af handshake. The P1 extender's sender unit provides power to the receiver. In standard mode, it supports DVI and HDMI signals of virtually any resolution up to 4Kx2K to 330 feet (100m), and in Long Reach mode it supports resolutions to 1920x1080 to 500 feet (150 m). The devices are housed in compact and sturdy metal enclosures and have convenient mounting provisions. They are designed and manufactured in the USA. The end identified as power sourcing equipment injects power on to the Cat6 cable and the side identified as PD (powered device) is powered through the Cat6 cable. The power sourcing equipment side requires connection of an AC adapter that supplies 5v DC, while the PD side is simply powered through the RJ45 connector from the opposite side.
The full-duplex RS-232 Serial Port extension is provided that can operate at any baud rate to 115,200 (independent of video activity). The extender can also extend IR from one end to the other. IR Detector and IR Emitter cables are sold separately. The IR extension preserves the modulation (carrier) frequency and provides compatibility to virtually any standard. It supports modulation range from 30 KHz to 60 KH. Two user selectable distance modes are available: Standard (default) and Long Reach. If the length of UTP cable is less than 100 meters (330 feet), then standard mode should be used. For the lengths above 330 feet, Long Reach (L.R.) mode must be set. Long Reach setting can extend a maximum of 1080p@60 Hz, 8-bit color (does not support deep-color or 4Kx2K), RS232, IR, and power up to 500ft (150m).
- Extends HDMI or DVI video to 500 feet on just one Cat6
- Includes RS232 and IR extension in both directions
- Supports virtually all HDMI and DVI resolutions including 4Kx2K
- Only one end requires power, the other side is powered via UTP
- Power-over-HDBaseT™ meets IEEE 802.3af standard
- Sturdy metal enclosures with mounting provisions
- Runs from just one +5vDC supply
- RS-232 supports all baud rates regardless of presence of video
- IR extension is carrier frequency agnostic and supports 30 KHz to 60 KHz modulation to provide compatibility across all IR standards
- Fully isolates ground between TX and RX sides
- Compact, Rugged, Reliable, and Economical
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Hall Research HDMI 500 Feet Extender Kit With HDBaseT and PoH (UHBX-P1)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!