Solid Signal > Commercial Equipment > Video Distribution > Hall Research UHBX-SW3-S
The Multi-input Switcher/Sender with HDBaseT™ output accommodates 2 HDMI and 1 VGA inputs with audio. The HDMI 1 input also supports MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) with a phone-charging feature to allow video presentation from a smart-phone using just a passive cable. The VGA input also accepts YPbPr Component video. The sender can manually or automatically switch between the various inputs and extends the video using HDBaseT™ standard. To control the power on/off function of the remote display, the switcher can generate RS-232 and IR control signals which are extended using the same Cat6 cable. Virtually all VGA and HDMI resolutions are supported including 4K (UHD). 4K video can be extended to 330 ft (100m) while 1080p signals can go as far as 500 ft (150m).
The switcher is powered through the same cable from the receiver using Power-over-HDBaseT standard, making installations as simple as possible. The UHBX-R-PSE receiver includes a small power supply and provides HDMI, RS-232, and IR outputs. To ensure a proper image on the display, the switcher's VGA input is scaled to 1080p (user specifiable). This eliminates compatibility issues with a variety of notebooks or PC VGA formats that may not be displayable on an HDMI TV if not scaled to a standard HDTV resolution such as 1080p. The user can also configure the unit to pass-through 3.5 mm audio input from an MP3 audio player independent of the VGA signal.
The Switcher/Sender can manually or automatically control the power on/off function of the remote display. If a video is detected on the input, while in automatic power mode, the switcher will issue the desired ON command, and if there is no video, it can issue an OFF command after a programmed delay. The power commands can be RS-232 or IR based on the user's needs. To select the control method and to enter the commands, a USB port is provided on the surface mountable box for programming using free Windows® GUI software. In addition, the surface mountable box features an IR detector that can extend the IR signal to the remote receiver. In this way, an IR remote can be pointed to the transmitter and its signal will be extended to the TV.
- 3 inputs handle VGA, Component, HDMI (or DVI), and even MHL
- Supports phone charging feature if MHL source is detected
- VGA input is scaled to 1080p or user-specified output resolution to ensure proper image
- Supports all HDMI resolutions including 4K UHD
- Can scale HDMI output resolution
- Uses only one Cat6 cable
- Distance to 500 ft (150m) at 1080p, or 330 ft (100m) at 4K resolution
- Manual or automatic input selection
- IR extension
- Can issue its own RS-232, or IR commands to turn display On or Off
- Display power control can be manual or automatic
- Switcher does not require separate power supply, powered using PoH through the same Cat6 cable
- USB port for configuration (including display power on/off control methodology)
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Hall Research Auto-Switch Extender-Transmitter With HDBaseT (UHBX-SW3-S)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!