Solid Signal > Computer and Networking Gear > USB Hubs > Plugable USB3-HUB10C2
Expand USB connectivity by connecting up to ten USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 devices to any USB 2.0 or 3.0 capable desktop, laptop, or tablet computer. The hub supports USB 3.0 transfer rates up to 5Gbps (640MBps) to allow data to move quickly between devices, ideal for high-throughput devices such as USB hard drives, flash drives, and USB video adapters. With USB ports on both the front and the rear, along with two flip-up ports that swivel to a vertical position to allow easy insertion of devices, this hub is perfect for minimizing desktop cable clutter.
- 10-port USB 3.0 self powered hub with robust 48W (12V, 4A) UL certified power adapter (US/UK/EU AC wall outlet plug options, 100-240V 50/60Hz)
- Compatible with most Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Mac OS X, Linux (kernels 3.0 and later), and Unix systems
- Fully plug and play, no drivers required (individual devices / USB 3.0 host controller may require drivers), devices can be hot-plugged
- Features three VIA VL812 B2 hub chipsets, one with v9091 and two with the latest v9095 firmware for maximum compatibility and performance with most USB 3.0 host controllers along with additional BC1.2 smart charging on the two flip-up ports.
- This firmware also allows the hub to be a stand-alone (not connected to host computer) smart 2-port USB charger able to select the best charging mechanism for the attached device.
- Sleek piano black glossy finish with 6 front ports and 4 rear ports (2 flip-up vertically) to minimize cable clutter and maximize accessibility
- USB over-current protection supporting up to 900mA per port (up to 1.5A on the flip-up ports for BC 1.2 devices)
- Supports USB 3.0 SuperSpeed transfer rates up to 5Gbps (640MBps - transfer rates are device and USB host controller dependent)
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0 Hi-Speed devices (rates up to 480Mbps), and USB 1.1 Full/Low Speed devices (rates 12/1.5 Mbps)
USB has become more than a way of connecting devices to a computer with plug and play ease and high performance, it has also become the method of choice to power and charge a range of battery-powered devices from headsets and controllers to phones and tablets. Some of those mobile devices have adopted proprietary mechanisms to draw more power than USB 3.0 was designed to allow, which has caused confusion about charging.
That is being solved by the Battery Charging (BC 1.2) Standard – when both the device and the hub/charger are BC Standard compliant, it can charge at a faster rate (up to 1.5A) in a standard way.
The Plugable USB3-HUB10C2 is among the first of USB 3.0 hubs that does everything existing USB hubs do, plus has support for the Battery Charging Standard (BC 1.2) on the two flip-up ports. So it’s a no-compromise solution for both gaining extra USB ports and for charging the newer generation of BC 1.2 compliant devices. Both charge and sync (CDP) and dedicated charging (DCP) are supported along with support for other proprietary charging signals when being used as a stand-alone charger if the phone or tablet also supports these modes.
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Plugable USB 3.0 10-Port Hub with 48W Power Adapter (USB2-MICRO-250X)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!