Solid Signal > Wire and Cable > USB > Plugable USBC-AF3
Through this USB Type-C (USB-C) to female Type-A cable, you can plug a legacy USB device you own into your new USB-C equipped laptop, tablet, or phone. There are no active adapters involved here, and the cable is nice and short, so there should not be any signal interference or timing issues associated with active cables. Just a clean, well shielded, straight-through cable that allows you do adapt any USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 peripheral device you already own to that new laptop or tablet.
- Enables connecting your existing USB 2.0 and 3.0 devices to your new USB-C laptop, tablet, or phone
- This cable has a USB Type-A Female and a Type-C Male connectors at ends.
- Will provide USB 3.0 passive connection via 150 mm / 6″ cable with gold plated contacts.
- The transfer speed is up to 5 Gbps.
- This cable doesn’t have any special support for battery charging.
- Tablets and phones must support the particular USB device being connected.
note that this is USB 3.0 cable that supports up to 5 Gbps, SuperSpeed
for USB 3.0 devices, with backwards compatible to USB 2.0/1.1 devices.
It is a bit confusing, but "USB 3.0 with USB Type-C connector" is also
called as "USB 3.1 (Gen 1)". In terms of the features, it is the same as
USB 3.0 with transfer speeds up to 5 Gbps, and does not have any special
charging capability unless noted.
"USB 3.1 (Gen 2)" is the new standard which supports up to 10 Gbps speed and charging, video and audio capability.
intentionally calls this cable as "USB 3.0" in order to avoid any
confusions you may have. This passive adapter cable simply does the
Type-A to Type-C conversion so that you can physically plug "A" devices
into computers with only a "C" port.
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Plugable USB 3.0 Passive Type-A to Type-C Cable - Six Inch (USBC-AF3)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!